Battling back pain?

Since Friday last week (now it's monday) I have had chronic back pain in my lower back, bending fast is a no no, laying on my stomach is a no no, even sitting here at the computer is hurting, but what can I do? Getting up from sitting down is also hurting, and I just don't know the cause as Thusday there was no pain there at all. I am not one for takingpain killers, but just now I took 2 paracetamol tablets in the hopes that it goes away... I have tried light stretchig and laying down in different positions, my son has even been so seet as to give mea light back rub (aww, he's only 9 and such a lovely kid hehe). It is "that time of the month" for me, but I have never had this sort of thing before, so I don't know if that's linked to it, also I have had a cold and hacking cough and maybe the pressure of all the coughing has contributed to it. Any one here have any ideas what it could be? the pain is on the right hand side at the base of my back (just above my pelvic bone) and is making general things I would normally do painful! and any Ideas what I could do to ease it a little (like light exercises [yoga type poses are good for that sort of thing I have heard] or anything that doesn't involve taking pills or seeing the Doc??)...
@slico79 (212)
If you are a smoker then stop, even for a few days. See a doctor and see if you've got bronchitis. I experienced this a lot of times and it is due to smoking. If your not a smoker but a bit heavy on the upper part of your body, this could also hurt your back. Especially if you don't have proper posture. I have a friend who is big and developed scatia -- (I don't know if this is the right spelling.. hehehe..) -- which is really hurting her. Best thing to do for you is see a doctor and try to quit your vises till you feel better.
@slico79 (212)
If your back really hurts a lot don't take paracetamol. If you are not allergic to naproxen then take Flanax, it could take out my toothache for more than 6 hours with just one dose, it is good (and I don't for them. hehehehe).
try urinalysis to detect if you have infection