Celebration!

@soleya (1102)
Latvia
Ok, I know that Christmas is a family holiday, but what about New Year? How do you celebrate New Year's eve? I want to do something really interesting and fun, but haven't decided yet what exactly to do. I guess I will buy some fireworks and will be going from one friends house to another. What are your plans?
@Lady_Vincy (1540)
For the past couple of years i've stayed at home and watched the NYC ball drop to bring in the new year. One year I went to a party with my best friend and thatwas pretty cool. This year, I want to go to Time square to watch the NYC ball drop with my boyfrind and my cousins. I've been wanting to go to see the ball drop for years but haven't been able to. Hopefully this year will be the year I get to go.
@soleya (1102)
• Latvia
It is a wonderful idea!! You really need to go there and celebrate!!!
@carmelanirel (20979)
fireworks, sounds like my husband would like to do..lol We usually do one of 2 things. 1.stay home and stay up until the new year or 2.go to our neighbors house if they are having a party. Though if they don't have a party this year, maybe we too will be setting off fireworks, great idea..:)
@soleya (1102)
• Latvia
Yes, fireworks is a great fun! ;) I think you will enjoy it.
@code_11 (902)
• Nigeria
Don't really have any plans, but come to think of it I guess am most likely gonna use use that day to timeout, try to figure out what went well and what didn't go well.
@isaiah12 (418)
I have been a single parent for the past 20 years. In the past I would just stay up with my two daughters until midnight. We would have snacks, play games, talk, have eggnog, watch the ball drop on TV and toast in the new year. Now my oldest daughter is married and my youngest has a boyfriend. So I'm not sure what I will do this year.
@faith210 (11233)
Hi soleya! On New Year's Eve we go to my mother in laaw's house and celebrate it with her, together with the other siblings of my husband. And on New Year's Day, we will go my father's house and then go to the hospital because my sister in law is scheduled to give birth on New Year's Day! Yipee! A beautiful gift for the year to our family indeed! Take care and have a nice day! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :)
@bizmom (515)
well last year we ( family & I) went to a family party! adultshave lots of fun kids ened up crashing early! lol year before we had a quiet time at home! And this year we are going to a family celebration in a near by town watching them sculpt ise into 2008 singing carols watching local bands fireworks shopping on the strip as well as eating in any of the many places to sit and eat watching the living nativity and the christmas story as well as seeing Santa & his raindeer ( after thier LONG christmas trip of course lol ) Took the kids a few years back and they loved it! were hoping for a warmish new years so we can walk a bit and not spend so much !! lol XX
@roniroxas (10576)
i will be doing the same like christmas, i have 4 children and i will celebrate new year with them but my plans are to check in a not so expensive hotel and watch fire works display at the roof top of the hotel. there will also going to be a party at the hotels ball room for all the visitors of the hotel and since my children are teens i know they will enjoy this.
@sunshine4 (8709)
This year I will be staying home, renting some videos and chilling out with my kids. Last year my husband and I bought a hotel package. It included room, buffet, open bar, hat/ party horns and a band. It was a blast!! I think that maybe next year we will have to do that again.
I'd like to go downtown for the new year and see the fireworks, but it gets more crowded every year, and sometimes there are fights. I haven't been there for new years in a while, but I think they have tried to keep it family friendly. I'm not sure what I'll be doing, but every year is always different so I'm sure it will be fun.
@drannhh (15240)
A very important family member has his birthday on New Year's Eve so we celebrate that one big time. However, as we live in a resort town with thousands of New Year's Eve tourists pouring into town and getting sowzed, we do our celebrating early and try to get home before the streets jam up. It is a "one-horse" town and the sobriety check point can back traffic up for 6 or 7 miles. Still we are glad they have it.
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
I'm not sure yet. I might go to a friend's also to bring the New year in. Fireworks sounds like a lot of fun though.
@beyonce03 (2331)
I always celebrate New years with family member. We will go at my mother-in-law house for the Chritmas Eve and the next day we have a brunch at my grandmother house.
i usually do the same thing for new year, go for dinner, watch some fireworks and have a coffee session after that. i love to watch fireworks! nowadays there are many fireworks display at various places and most of these places are crowded with people and they even do road blocks here to cater for such events, so it could be a turn off sometimes. but fun and exciting, nonetheless ;)
@Monkeyrose (2850)
I honestly don't know as of yet. I'm currently unemployed so I don't even know if I'll be working or not. I might have a party but I'm going to feel it out and see what everyone else is doing first.
@violeta_va (4834)
I love new year always have and always will. When I was a child my parents used to celebrate it with a group of friend that had kids my age so we had lots of fun. Staying up late eating and drinkig (soft drinks) playing games and the moment daylight came we went out in the snow. when I started going out we used to go to clubs with my friends. Now that I have a small child we celebrate it in one of my friends house last year it was our home this year is camping something different for the kids.
@shinjiao (1464)
Hi,soleya! I will spend my New Year's eve with my classmates.We plan to hold a great party together because the coming New Year's will be the last New Year's celebration for us Next year,we will graduate from our university so the coming New Year's eve may become the last celebration for us.
@alamode (3073)
We are together for all holidays... everyone comes here because we have the biggest house and 2 refrigerators!LOL! On New Year's Eve, we set out a buffet and people just nibble, enjoy the countdown on TV, and drink champagne... and watch all the fireworks the neighbors set off. Nobody gets too drunk or carried away... its just good fun!