How old is your oldest Christmas decoration?

I put up my chritmas tree today. It is a fake tree with lights attached to it. I love the ease of putting it up. I also love that we do not have to go spend money on a christmas tree every year. I was going through all the decorations a lot of them where home made. The home made ones where either from me or my mom or friends. I found one which is a Santa I made him on my husband's and my first christmas as a family we have been married 30 years. I was preganat with our daughter at the time. We did not have a lot of money. Our tree was 3 feet tall with all home made decorations and no lights or tinsel. I loved it. I found Santa this moring and it brought back a lot of great memories of christmas' ago. How old is your oldest christmas decoration?
@cher913 (25890)
i guess the oldest ornament that i own is an antique santa that hast lost most of its paint but is probably almost 80 years old if not older. it belonged to my grandfather and they had it for a very long time as well (i have had it for almost 20 years myself!)
@webeishere (36353)
I have some nearly that old that my Grandma made in the 30's HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
I have nothing like that. My mom distroyed everything from our childhood. I do not even have any school photos of me growing up.
@luvstochat (6914)
My oldest decoration is 31 years old I got it the year I was born in 1976 it is a hallmark Christmas ball with the date on it I have a ball for every year until they stopped making them.
I bet they are precious to you.
@webeishere (36353)
My Christmas Ornaments are all home made by my mom and or her mother. Most date back to the 30's and 40's. I don't feel like taking a picture though. HUH? Me not taking a photo. Burn out maybe? HAHAHA! But I love these orrnaments and have passed a few on to my daughter also. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
I feel so let down no photo from Grandpa Bob.
@ElicBxn (60895)
Being that I'm not decorating, and the tree I put up at my client's has all new decorations, except for the lights & tinsil that were on the tree when I got it for free from freecycle. However, when my mom put up decorations, her oldest one was a door hanger out of felt that my brother made when he was in kindergarden - so that was 50-something years.
Isn't it great to visit thoes memories when you see that door hanger.
@ElicBxn (60895)
I have memories of it at every place my mom lived. Even hanging on a door knob at her apartment before she had to move into the healthcare center. Its kind of funny, of all the decorations that got left out, that was always the one because it was hung on a door that was seldom used - like a closet or the pantry at her last house.
The decorations that we leave out seems to be the ones we have fondest memories.