Are your kids Christmas stockings from you or from Santa?

@lilybug (21148)
I have always done my sons stocking from Santa, but this year it is going to be from me. I have gotten him a bunch of stocking stuffers and I am going to let him open it on Christmas eve. I have most of the stuff for his stocking, but I have not finished my daughters yet. Do your kids get one from Santa or from you? If it is from you do you let them open the stuff on Christmas Eve or Christmas day?
@Sissygrl (10915)
I remember ours used to come from santa. and when we've gone home, our kids so far grama and grampa have gotten them stockkings. I went looking for just a plain old SOCK, and i couldnt find any except these crappy ole 15-20$ disney ones. I want just a plain one!! So i dunno what we are going to do. I have one purple one and my hubby's son isn't coming till xmas day, so maybe i will just make one for my daughter, i'm sure his son will get a sock at his mothers house! She is much too young to know the difference anyways, so i willl just let her open it on xmas day when she wakes up :)
@lilybug (21148)
Everyone is making me rethink the Christmas Eve thing.
@coffeebreak (17820)
Do the best you can this year and then go to the sales after christmas and you might find a better one. That is what I did last year.
@coffeebreak (17820)
lilibug - GOOD! Have a wonderful Christmas Eve!
@bethyboo (399)
My newborn isn't old enough to understand Christmas but when he is I will do the stocking from Santa. Thats the way my parents did it when I was growing up so I will continue that tradition with my kids. They would always wait until Christmas Eve after I went to bed to fill the stockings and then I would see whats inside on Christmas morning.
@lilybug (21148)
Are you getting presents for the baby or are you going to wait until next year when the baby understands more?
@bethyboo (399)
We got him some presents even though he don't understand yet. We are going to fill up his stocking also so we can take pictures and show him in a few years when he understands.
@coffeebreak (17820)
For the baby - just get him a stocking - and put a few little baby snack things in it or a new pacifier or a little toy. Just something that they can reach in the stocking and find. It will be so cute to watch them do it. Let them see another child and how that child does it and they wil copy. It is hte cutest thing!
The Kids Stockings are from Santa because in our house thats where santa puts his gifts. Now if the gifts are too big to put in the stocking Santa writes on a card or paper the name of the kid who the present goes too. At Our House Santa has even wrote a note telling my kids what kind of cookies he prefers. My kids did remember that the next year and wanted to put the right cookies out. Everyone have a great holiday season.
@lilybug (21148)
My son got a letter from Santa last year the told him Santa wanted Chocolate Chip cookies and carrots for the reindeer.
@coffeebreak (17820)
I get info from the parents and then write a lettter as if from Santa, to the kids. Send it to Fairbanks Alaska and it gets a North Pole Alaska postmark and is then sent to the kids. So they kids get a letter from Santa. Second year I have done this and the kids just loved it. I added some "North Pole Snow" to the envelopes this year.Those without an imagenation call it white glitter nad the parents are going to call me mud, but hey, the kids will think it is great
@coffeebreak (17820)
Years ago, everything was from Santa just cause that's why. But then it finally ocured to me that I do all the work, I spend all the money, and Santa gets all the credit! Granted, I don't mind helping and give credit etc, but in this case, i wanted some of the credit! So One gift under the tree Christmas morning is from Santa and the stocking. The rest is from me! And when they stopped believing in Santa, I still do the stocking - I really like hunting for interesting and fun yet practical things to fill their stocking with! Here's a problem for you: If you tell the little ones that stockings are from Santa, how do you explain stockings for older people? My 7 GD gets same thing - 1 gift from santa in the am and a stocking, but i still do sotkcings for my my kids (25 and 29) just cause it is fun for me. How do you explain that? Does Santa bring their mommy and daddys, or is it Nanny and when does Nanny bring theirs but Santa brings hers?
@lilybug (21148)
I guess you cold tell a child that the stocking for older people are not from Santa because Santa bring presents to children.
@coffeebreak (17820)
That's what we do and it is working!
@snivelbec (135)
My daughter turned 18 this year and she will still get a couple gifts from Santa as well as her stocking. At this point in time it's a wistful exercise done for my benefit alone... wishing I could go back in time and see her again at 5 or 6 years of age, in awe of all the presents (not expensive ones but at that age the bigger the box=the better the present) and the 'magical' way her eyes would light up at the possibility - just the slightest possibility - that this Santa person might REALLY know her and REALLY know she'd been a good girl and REALLY wanted her to have a present or two. I miss that soo much! Now all I get is indulgent teenage eye-rolling. :)
@coffeebreak (17820)
Know what you mean! I loved it when the kids were little nad the amazement and enjoyment n their faces. I still do the kids and they still have aa bit of excitement as to what mom put in there cause I try to do unique, pratcial but fun and interesting, not the usualy stuff! But yeah, that magical way with the eyes and that big smiles... nothing better!
@lilybug (21148)
This will be my daughters first Christmas and I can't wait for her reaction.
@luvstochat (6914)
My kids stockings have always been from Santa my 11 year old knows that I am Santa though so his will be from both Santa and me but my 4 year old just Santa. The kids will have their Christmas here on Christmas Eve because we are going to my mom's house for Christmas Day can't beleive it is less than a week away!
@lilybug (21148)
My son has always gotten his gifts from Santa delivered to his grandma's house because he has always spent the night there on Christmas eve.
@coffeebreak (17820)
I do that for my 7 year old. Santa leaves a stocking here cause she is here often. I love that smile and twinkle in her eyes!
@Sillychick (3279)
The stocking is from Santa. I never really thought too much about it, but I guess that's just the way I figured it should be. When I was growing up we were always allowed to open one gift on Christmas Eve, but there was never anything in the stocking until Christmas morning.
@lilybug (21148)
I think that is the way we used to do it when I was a kid. I will probably end up doing the stockings on Christmas morning and one present on Christmas eve.
@cher913 (25890)
my kids get their stockings from their grandparents. hubby and i make up one for my parents and they fill one for each one of the 4 of us. we usually open presents with them, then eat, then open the stockings up.
@lilybug (21148)
That is a nice idea.
@lightningMD (5932)
When my kids were small and still believed in Santa we did the socks from him,Now everyone is older and knows that we do the socks.I love doing the socks it's my favorite part of Christmas shopping.
@lilybug (21148)
I am ending up with more sticking stuffers than big gifts this year, so that is why I was thinking of doing them from me instead of Santa.
@jillhill (37383)
From Santa....he's the man!
@lilybug (21148)
lol
@cosylvia (401)
i wish i can receive some gifts in christmas eve,but i dont know if i can,so pray for me,,wish you have a good day and merry christmas
hhhh,i have no son or daughter,needn't think about it.