Screening phone calls

Do you do it? I do sometimes. It's not just that I don't answer if I don't recognize the number. Sometimes it is someone calling who I just am not in the mood to talk to, so I don't answer. Is that bad? Have you ever done this? Or do you always answer the phone?
@SViswan (12071)
I check all the numbers. I don't think I've never answered a call. Sometimes, when I don't want to be disturbed, I switch it off. Usually, I pick it up (especially if it is someone I know) and tell them that I am busy or don't have the time to talk. My husband screens his calls and asks me to tell them that he is out or asleep if he doesn't want to talk.
@sweetcakes (3505)
Yes I have a habit of screening my calls, because sometimes i just don't feel like being bothered with the gossip that comes my way.
@dfinster (3535)
I don't always answer the phone either. A lot of times if I'm really tired or just want some peace and quiet I do that. I know they will call back or if they leave me a message I always call people I know a little later after I destress and relax.
@Trace86 (5033)
I can't remember the last time I answered my home phone. It is never for me. It is usually for my stepson. I actually wanted to cancel the phone, but my husband wouldn't let me. He claimed his kid would then want to use his cellphone. As for my cellphone, I only answer if I recognize the number. Why should I pay for a call where I don't know who is calling?
I do screen my phone calls all the time, pretty much always have. I am not much of a phone talker, and most of my friends and family know when to call me, so if the phone is rining any other times it probably isnt anyone I want to talk to. I am busy all day, homeschooling my children, so talking on the phone with every thing else I have to do just doenst fit in. I love email