Hang no more

By Raz
@razcal2267 (15577)
I only use the dryer for sheets and towels for the most part because I like to hang my clothes up to air dry. I do think it should be a choice though. For the past three weeks we have not been given that choice. Our washing machine works just fine *knocks wood* but the dryers heating element crapped out. Finally yesterday someone came by to look at it. He could not do anything more then confirm that the dryer does not heat up because he wasn't sure if it is still under warranty. I got a call this morning that they will be sending someone over to fix it today. Woo hoo, We will have heat again. How do you or did you let your landlord know that things they do not think are a high priority really are, at least to you?
@whyaskq (7553)
If I am entitled to use the item and the item is not working, I would have the landlord fix it no matter what. It is a matter of principle. Otherwise, I look for alternative.
@razcal2267 (15577)
We have been trying to get him to fix it. I am not sure what the update is as I am not at home this week but it better be fixed by the time I get home.
@lilybug (21182)
The last landlord I had was horrible. Nothing ever got fixed no matter how many times I complained. I am so glad that I am not renting from him anymore. It was horrible.
@razcal2267 (15577)
It is one thing to have repairs delayed but to never have anything at all fixed is just awful.
@peanutjar (5251)
Hi razcal:) We do not have a landlord,haha,but i let my boufriend know if somethings broke and he fixes it,haha.Sorry i cannot relate to your topic:( Peanutjar:)
@razcal2267 (15577)
Does your boyfriend know how to fix dryers and are you willing to rent him out for a bit? LOL
@tiffiny (884)
I just keep calling them. Honestly this should have been taken care of the first day you called. I would hound the crap out of my landlord, except my landlord is a boob and we don't really get along Lol.
@razcal2267 (15577)
Oh, trust me we do call. I live in a two family house and there are six of us that have been taking turns calling each day. I am sorry your landlord is a boob and that you do not get along.
@ersmommy1 (12605)
Its been a while. But the second to last landlord I had was from HE--. If something konked out we were on our own. Good thing I had a few friends who are handy. My last apartment siuation was shared with my husband. Complex was owned by a bigger business. So it got fixed if it broke, but boy was it a waiting game.
@razcal2267 (15577)
I really think my landlord is losing it because we used to call and say that something needed to be fixed and the next day someone would be at the house to check it out. Lately, it has been taking weeks to even get a call back in response.
@jarves (815)
I hang my clothes up to dry air. I do not use washing machines and dryers much. I am into conserving electricity.
well my landlords,lol they dont care what is important to us, they do it on their own time....frustrating!
@smacksman (6076)
In the UK we are moving into the 'Kleenex' age - use it once and then throw it away!! Repairing things seems to be the way of the past. The labour charge just to make a house call is getting to be half the cost of a replacement let alone the added cost of spare parts! Being a tight bu**er, I will try to repair things myself and sometimes I'm successful. But too often machines are now built where repairs are not easy and the spare part consists of half the machine when only a tiny bit is needed. That's progress folks!!!
@kellys3ps (3731)
We own our house, so we are responisble for all maintenance. I do prefer using the dryer for towels and sheets too!
@arkaf61 (10891)
I have to say that when I was in my apartment, the landlord was actually great. He would take care of everything almost as we asked. THen again, when I was in my apartment I was still going under my lucky phase, probably if it was now I would have a problem LOL Glad you're able to use the dryer again. Like you I do hang some clothes to dry, but prefer it to be my choice, not the darn machine's choice hehehehe
@Lakota12 (42794)
When we rented I would let them know as soon as something was wrong and the kept after them till it got fixed usually they cam right away.
@gabs8513 (48803)
I always used a Dryer but when I moved I left the Dryer for the Kids so mine now dry on an Airer in the spare Room but I am determent to get a Drier again next year as the Washing comes out a lot softer from there and I do miss a Dryer lol
@polachicago (19143)
I have my own washer and dryer. My washer is new, my dryier is very old, but function fine. I want to replace my drier as soon I possible. I like my clothes to be half way wet and hang dry.
@raychill (6571)
Well I have an interesting situation. I live in a garage basically. (Think Growing Pains, Mike Seiver) Anyway, my landlord has known me since i was about 17. So he tends to forget that I'm not a kid..and I'm not HIS kid. If i tell him something broken, he'll come in when I'm not home to fix it and that bugs me... or he'll ask me to get my dad to fix it and he'll pay my dad later. Nice right?