drop shipping....does it work?

I am thinking that I might attempt to start drop shipping on Ebay. Has anyone ever done this? Is it worth while I wonder. It all sounds easy enough. Please offer your experiences.
I use a dropshipper. I think it is a good thing.
If you don't mind me asking, who do you use for a dropshipper?
I use digital dropship. They are a little more on the expensive side though. I've had my account with them for 9 months now. Not only do you get the items for lower, you receive a monthly cash back check in the mail.
Thank you. I have used megagoods and wholesale-portal but I do not like either of them.
I did a trial run with two different drop shipping companies. They gave like fifteen days free and then you had to pay for it. I got one and looked trough hundreds of items. Checking prices on ebay after finding something I thought might sell well there. I found that most things that the drop shipping company had I could get on ebay for ten bucks cheaper. It was too risky for me...after all loosing money certainly isn't worth it!
Yes I agree I went ahaid and became a member for 30 day free trial. Like you I looked on ebay and found that the same items selling on ebay were cheaper than those that are dropped shipped. But I did notice items such as novelty lamps and such that are a little cheaper. Hardly worth the risk of losing money.
Yes, please do your research. I've heard of many horror stories where you sell the item, but the shipper is out of stock, fails to tell you and the next thing that occurs is the buyer is filing a claim against you with Paypal and Ebay. Your Paypal account has to pay back the buyer, you have to try to cancel the order and you end up with a negative feedback on your Ebay account. Some drop-ship companies will also undercut you with that customer and send them newsletters with product sales, or new items and you get cut out of the picture. So no repeat order from the customer. I think over the long haul, you'll find many drop-shippers use you to sell their items. They're in the clear if they can't deliver and you take the beating. There are good ones, but just as posted above, please do the due dilegence and research who you have working for you.
Thank you. I will definately do more research.
@oliverdt (1959)
This is great discussion ill drop by for more great advices thanks...