Faith and where faith lies in your life...

This will be my first post, so if I am not exactly the best at it please understand. I am a strong believer in Faith, as a matter of a fact that is all I have ever had in my life to hold on to. No matter how bad things got, as long as I had my faith, I was ok. My faith has guided me upon a wild ride in my life, but I am thankful for this. Thankful for the transgressions given to me because they have definded my being. I am proud of the struggles and blessings from those struggles. So I am not surprised that this is my first blog, my faith brought me here. I am not sure why but well here I am. So I guess that my discussion would be, how has faith affected you? Where has it lead you? I know mine has lead me exactly to where I am to be at this moment, no matter how frustrating things may be. How has my faith affected me? It has kept me alive. Thanks for your time and may blessings abound you during this holiday season and beyond to the new year, no matter what new year that you celebrate.
@brothertuck (1257)
You have to have faith in something Whether it is religion or in yourself or in your family Even if you are down and think you don't have faith, you have faith in someone to be there. Could be a teacher, a friend, a co-worker. Could be someone you have a more professional relationship with. Could be in your God. Your faith led you to where you are today. Making you strong and able to deal with life. Having the faith in yourself to come here and to post. To open up a part of you is faith. Everytime I see a post like yours, telling of belief and strength, it makes me feel good and smile. Because of posts like this I know that the world is not an evil cynical place. Thank you for posting and allowing me the chance to enter into your world.
Well thank you and very well put. You are correct of course, faith brought me here and I have found a wonderful place to find people, network, and in a way volunteer my time as well as detox. It is a blessing that I have met people such as yourself and others like you who are of great encouragement and genuine honesty. Thank you for entering my world. I am a bit cynical but such is my life. Such is the work I do, I have to be in a way, but when I can share about my faith, my beliefs, and my honour I am the happiest in writing. Aingealicia
@gantwick (849)
Faith has been a major part of my life. I'm sure that where I am would be a whole different place had it not been for faith. Most of the time, my faith seems to be a bit on the naive side - I have a strong tendency to think that things are happening, or will come to pass, for a reason and that it would have a positive outcome. Often, the results are different than I would have expected (sometimes far better - like landing a dream job), and when they fall short of what I expected, I have found that I still learn a lesson that keeps me going. Hand in hand with faith goes intention. I am learning more about how one's intentions affect oneself. I can see it more easily in others (and it's hard to convince them that they are - often - bringing about a lot of their own problems), and I know how it affects me. I am glad that you have such a strong belief in faith. Young people (okay, so you're only a couple of years younger than my wife) often seem to be guided by bling more than by any kind of faith. I know there are a lot of exceptions, but happy and humble people don't receive as much publicity as the Michael Vicks, the Paris Hiltons, the Britney Spears, or the Heath Ledgers of the world.
See this is why we get along. Hehe, the faith. I am sure there is more. Faith is so much a part of my life that when I received my first ranking in my belief system that my Gaelic name means Implicit Faith. I can't tell you how much my faith has affected me or where it has brought me. I often do the leap first look later. hehe. Funny that you mention Vicks, I had to do a story on him and wow, you know it is very interesting of the history there. I also find it funny how people find faith in bad situations. Faith is not just for that, faith is for everyday life. Thanks for commenting. I always love to read your stuff. Hope the cold gets better. Ainge
@Jemina (5783)
That is a very noble thing, Aingealicia. I have a great regard for people who have a strong faith. It's a shame on my part really that I was born and bred as a Christian but many times I stumble and my faith falters. But I believe that it's our faith that makes me move on. When I was hospitalized in November 2, 2007 I felt that I was holding on to my faith that I would survive my illness. I believe it's God who was there holding me.
Wow, thank you ever so much for sharing. It is a blessing you can. I think maybe it is not your faith that falters but the spirit that your body holds. See faith to me when it is so much a part of your life that you trust in God or your chosen deity that as long as you trust, your faith can not be broken. This does not mean you don't question or get angry. To do that would make you a robot. It is not a shame that you were born and bred a Christian, there are truly few and far between who will even believe there is a God let alone proclaim their beliefs. I hope you are doing better and no matter what happens or what people say, your judgment is by a man higher than anyone out there. Testing of faith will make you stronger and allow you to help others. I have always believed that and always will. Blessings upon you and your home, Ainge Thanks for the comment and your new friendship.