martha stewart...

@vera5d (4006)
what do you think about her? admire her? annoyed by her? feel bad for her? i just watched her make a "birch de noel"...taking about 5 hours to create...yeesh... i really wish i had what it takes to do that kind of stuff anyways, share your thoughts of martha here :)
@drannhh (15226)
I admire her to a certain extent and feel sad for her in some ways, too. She did so much to improve the quality of life for middle class women by making nicer merchandise available at an affordable price. That may seem like a small thing, but for many women it was such a breath of fresh air. On the other hand, it is beyond fathoming how someone with such a fine sense of style and business acumen could be so socially, legally, and politically challenged.
@vera5d (4006)
i actually worked at kmart when her stuff originally came out. where i lived, people hated it. they kept asking me "what happened to the cheap towels? We don't want this expensive stuff!"
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
I have no opinion one way or the other about Martha Stewart. I like her linen line and I think are show is cool.
@vera5d (4006)
i don't watch her often...just stumbled across her making this thing...she was just so casual like...oh you just make the meriegne (i can't even spell it, let alone tell you how to make it!) and then she shaped it into mushroom pieces...and was like, oh just bake it for like 2 hours then turn down the oven and bake it another hour...how can anyone do that?
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
I believe that you have to have a creative gift to do what she does. I have that gift. I love to create all sorts of things. But, my talent really lies in my poetry.
@barehugs (8986)
First,I admired her. Then, I was disappointed with her.And Sickened by what she did. I Think she bought her way out of her crime. I feel that Famous People send the wrong message when they cheat and steal and get away with it. Yes she made money even when she was in the Fancy Prison for the Rich and Famous. I wouldn't be able to hold my head up if I was her. I can't watch her on TV because she makes me sick. I would not buy anything with her name on it. Why someone who has Everything steal from those who have Very Little? It's totally Repulsive!
@vera5d (4006)
i think all of that was blown out of proportion with the media...i was really surprised it didn't completely ruin her. she seems more human to me now because of it...but on her shows she seems very sad...
@Grandmaof2 (7603)
I don't mind her because I don't watch much television and the off switch is eazy to operate but personally I think all that matters to that woman is money. But...That's just my opinion.
@vera5d (4006)
its funny, i don't associate her with money at all for some reason...just some strange obsession for crafts and cooking...thanks for your opinion!!