Grrrr! Can't Type!

To all my friends and others here at mylot: This morning some liquid got spilled onto the keyboard part of my computer. Now the regular keyboard does not work and I am stuck using the on-screen keyboard. This, ofcourse, is a very slow way to type. I may be able to barrow a computer from someone I know who has an extra one till I can buy another. Meanwhile, I've found and read some interesting discussions by some of u that I'd love to respond to. But it will have to wait till I can type normally again, as this way is a pain in the butt!....Anyways; Merry Christmas to all of you!
@pyewacket (44036)
I read your response to the other person..I wasn't aware laptops have on-screen keyboards...do regular computers have them too? My keys on my board are a bit stiff not because I spilled any liquid but because of other "stuff" falling in and I'm trying to figure out how to really clean it out good myself. I have a bad habit of eating while at the computer and as you can guess, get crumbs in the keyboard
Some do 'cause I've seen them, Don't know if all computers do. If it does: controle panel; accessibility options; on screen keyboard.....It might be listed in links on menue on the side there. Sorry 4 short non-detailed reply. Have 2 type 1 letter at a time.
I know how this feels, its very frustrating. This happened to me before. Something was spilled on the keyboard and i tried to dry it up with a towel but that didnt work out very well. You should be able to get another keyboard for under $20. Merry Christmas to you also.
Ah yes. But not so simple. My computer is a laptop.
@suspenseful (40316)
Ah this is the 'perfect' time for the keyboard to not work when the stores are closed because of Christmas. I wonder who spilled the liquid. Kids playing around the computer? Don't worry, will wait for your discussions and tomorrow when everyone is rushing to return things on Boxing Day, you can go to Staples or wherever and buy a new keyboard.