Kidney Donation

@scorpio16 (1707)
One of my friend’s both kidneys are damaged and Dr needs a single matching Kidney for transplantation. I just want to know that can a person survive easily with a single Kidney as in this case both donor and receiver would be left with one Kidney only.
Yes! A lot of people do it all the time without a problem. If you only have one kidney, though, I'd suggest taking care of it, but that's common sense! :) I know of other people that were in this same situation, and years later both the doner and the patient are doing as well as they ever were. No worries, it's a common circumstance. :)
@scorpio16 (1707)
Thanks for the information. Regards.
@jimbelle (485)
Yes one can survive with only one functioning kidneys for donors. But the recipient sometimes has problems of rejection and infection. How is your friend now? Was he able to get a compatible donor? It takes several process before a kidney transplant can be done. I have a friend who underwent kidney transplantation and it is now over 6 months. There is no problem of rejection yet. His donor is his sister.
@bbsr13 (4198)
Hello,scorpio, recently a friend of mine under gone a kidney transplantation who could not survive although it was successfully transplanted.the donor of the kidney was none but his wife.his wife is doing well with a single kidney.but my friend could survive hardly three months.i think in kidney transplantation not all survive.however,i opt to donate my kidney for my loved one if required.thank you.
Don't warry about that,a single kidney is safe for the donor,but the receiver should take medicines for a long time.