Now that Christmas has finished don't you feel strange..???

@diillu (5130)
With Christmas the busy time arrives. I was really busy shopping, buying gifts and preparying for the christmas party. It was really busy weekend and believe me I didn't even have time to breathe. I was really busy rushing here and there and preparing for the lots of things. But now as christmas has finished I just feel so weird thinking about my free time? What about you?
the state of life has changed ,of course the feeling wouldn't be as same as before. as the busy days finished ,i feel much more lonely than before.
@diillu (5130)
Yes, it's feels alot weird. Till day before yesterday I was busy like hell and today it seems so quite. There's nothing to do except some cleaning.
@palonghorn (5490)
I'm not so sure that it is because Christmas is over as much as yesterday was my first day on leave. I'm a seasonal forest firefighter, so I'm off til March, at one point yesterday morning I glanced at the clock, it was 8:15, and for a split second I thought 'oh no I'm late!' lol, then it dawned on me that I'm on leave! lol But, I have plenty to do, take down the decorations, catch up on scrapbooking, which I got a lot of stuff for Christmas, and taking lots and lots of pictures with my new digital camera I got for Christmas.
@diillu (5130)
I have almost finished my cleaning and now there's nothing left for me to do. This is just a chrismas hangover lol. I know after someday it would be same again. But it still feels weird.
@wolfie34 (26881)
I always feel somewhat sad after Christmas has gone, all that build up, excitement, getting everything ready, presents wrapped and sent, receiving cards, it's a lovely time of the year, then in two days it's all gone! It goes soooo quickly, and it is sad when it's all over, I don't like January it's so cold, wet and damp and miserable, I think everyone feels down when Christmas goes, and we start looking forward to Spring again.
@bellaofchaos (11553)
I know what you mean I have so much free time now that everything is picked up and put away and i don't have anywhere to go and I get to relax. I just wish my kids would have been able to go back to school today but they ended up having a snow day and so they are home til tomorrow then I'll truly have peace and free time and be better able to tell you how this works out for me. Take care.
You are actually quite right! But again, it stresses the fact of life that all good things must come to an end, just as all bad things do, that change is the only true constant in this world.
@scribe1 (1207)
Actually, I feel more relaxed and relieved, knowing that one major holiday has come and gone, thank goodness. A lot of people go nuts for no reason at all and overspend, trying to overcome any guilt for ignoring family and friends all year round. Also, a lot of mindless drivers are finally off the roads and away from the stores, allowing me to travel and shop in peace. THANK GOD CHRISTMAS IS FINALLY OVER! Hallelujah!