What do you have when the ball drops suppose

What do you have in your possession when the ball drops for the New Year? Ever since I was a little girl my grandfather would give me and my brothers and sisters a dollar to put in our pocket. He would say you are suppose to have money in your pocket or in your hand when the New Year breaks in. It suppose to mean you'll always have money year round. So anyone else have New Years tradition similiar to mine?
@CatsandDogs (13964)
Yeah I do. My mom always said that what ever you're doing on the first day of the new year is what you'll be doing all year long. THANK GOD THAT'S NOT TRUE!! lol Because last year on New Year's Eve, we had a major arguement in which we didn't speak for a week! Now that's VERY unusual for us so a week was a while. Things are much much better between us now and I pray to God that it stays this way.
I beleive this new year is going to be better one for me and you and everyone around us.
@CatsandDogs (13964)
I sure hope you're right because this year has been very very hard on my husband and I just like the year 2000 was. I told my mom that this year like 2000 can go to hell in a hand basket! lol I mean that too, it has been really hard but it's getting better, slowly but happening.
@foxyfire33 (10009)
I really like your tradition! I think I will have to use that one too. The one New Year's tradition I've ever heard is that the last person you kiss before midnight will be the person you will spend the next year with.