Very cute disobedient little girl!

Ok I admit, I am so consumed with my daughter's behaviours lately, it's all I can write about. With all the snow we're getting today, she wanted us to all go tobogganing. We told her it was a great idea however first I wanted to clean the kitchen. So I asked her and her sister to go clean their rooms while they waited. Meanwhile, hubby went out to run the snowblower in the driveway and the front of the house where they city trucks refuse to plow! Well she huffed, and she puffed, she did not want to clean her room, she wants to go out NOW. No hun, I need to clean the kitchen, we still have turkey drumsticks stinking up the place. I WANT TO GO OUT NOW. Well hun, get your bed cleared off, or pick up your christmas toys off the floor, it won't take me long to get the kitchen done. I WANT TO PLAY OUTSIDE, I'M GOING OUT. Ok that is the condense version, but she made her point clear, she's not going to wait. Next thing I knew, she was already outside with all her winter gear on. Except she wasn't playing, she was shoveling the snow off the deck and stairs. As I watched her from inside, I thought well she's getting her outside fix while I have a bit of time to clean the kitchen. Her father comes along and asks her if I know she's outside. YEP Aren't you suppose to be doing something else? YEP So what are you doing out here? DAD! It's not fair that men do all the outside work so I came out to help you! Well hubby comes in laughing and says I'd never guess what she's come up with now. Of course I found this funny as well. But the fact of the matter is she still went outside when I told her not to! And I know her psych is going to say, What was the harm? GAWD I hate that question!! So she found a way to be cute out of her defiance... ok but honestly, I'm not sure I should find it so cute!
@jillmalitz (5132)
Gotta love it. Just wait till she is at the age when she does not want to do anything. At least she was focused on doing some work. Now if only she could channel all that energy all the time. OH well, every journey starts with a step. Funny!!
She already doesn't want to do anything unless she initiates it so please don't tell me there's an age for it too!!! It's hopeless! LOL
Oh yeah! Too bad parenting does not come with warning labels. Caution children may cause permanent brain damage. That is why I find myself secretly laughing at the problems my daughters are now having with their kids!
My dad finds it humerous when we ask him for advice. He'll often say: Well you tell me, why did YOU act that way at about the same age. LOL
I can see what you are saying. She went outside after you told her no, which is bad. But then she goes and works outside and is a big help to Dad and is cute with what she said. Makes it hard to get on to her about it. In a situation like that, I would have sat down with my daughter and explained that she was wrong to go out without permission, but she was a big help and did a good job. I think you taking her sliding the next day was a good idea. Honestly, I don't know how to punish, or if they should even be punished when that happens. It's so hard to say what to do and you just have to do what you feel is best. That was cute the way it ended up though.
Yes we did have a little chat with her afterwards. I'm not sure she required to be punished either however she needed to know that disobeying is wrong! She needs to listen to us, her parents! She's a handful, but she is very cute!
I agree, very cute! They say that kids will say the funniest things. And they always do!
@williamjisir (22905)
Hello momma of all trades. It is really so cute of your little daughter, especially those words from her. hehehe. You see, quite sometimes, kids are just happy to do what they want without wanting any warnings from their parents. They are just eager to enjoy the fun they want to. I am sure that you three must have had a wonderful day shovelling the snow and maybe make a big snowman. lol. Thanks very much for your discussion, dear momma. Wish your family a very happy 2008.
Thank you for your well wishes. We haven't gone sliding yet, actually I've planned a great big sliding day for tomorrow. She didn't feel like going out today. Tomorrow, I'll be taking them into town and we'll slide on the big hills there. We've also invited some friends! It's suppose to snow again later so I'm hoping the hills will be great!
Hello dear momma. I hope that you have already enjoyed yourself in the past few days skiing on the hill.
@carmelanirel (20979)
Yes, I think she did earn some time to play outside. Though you didn't mention her age, I was thinking she was really little, but to do all that, man I would love for my teenager to do that...lol
My daughter is 8 year old, my 12yo wouldn't even do anything like that LOL. I was just speaking with a friend and she told me where the best toboggan hill is in the area... We're going to go tomorrow. Bought some hot chocolate too! woohooooooo
That sounds like fun, have a great day..:)
@carmelanirel (20979)
Yep, I know the feeling, they can be so bad, but so cute at the same time, makes it very difficult to correct them, doesn't it..:)
Yes it is... however I feel really bad right now because it's RAINING!! Raining with ice pellets. We can't go out now although I know she wouldn't care! Hubby told me that she worked really hard out there, shovelling not just the one deck we use, but the front one too 'to make it look nice' and she shovelled the part of the driveway hubby couldn't reach with the snowblower. At one point she apologized for 'standing there' because she just needed a break! Ah so cute! I think tomorrow, we'll have to go out without any ifs or buts!! Poor kid!