Man leaves $50,000 to waitress in will...

@vera5d (4006)
I saw this article on yahoo news...he was a mean grouchy guy, but this waitress always was nice to him & took good care of him... he left her $50,000 in his will... what do you think of that? i think it kind of shows that mean people aren't really that mean...and that patience pays off but i also think something like that shouldn't be making headline news, either...
I just want to know why this should not have made headlines? I also saw this on yahoo.com
@vera5d (4006)
i think the reason i don't like it as headline news is because i think it will cause this lady a lot of grief. I think if the man believed she deserved it then she deserved it and it IS a nice feel good story... but I think it comes from my experience about dealing with estates in my family & others...people get jealous and greedy real fast whenever someone gets extra cash People treat you a lot differently when they know you suddenly have a ton of money...and not in a good way...i think she should have kept it private to protect herself...not blast it across the country to complete strangers and a lot of people who prey on this type of stuff... who knows? Maybe it will have more of a positive impact on people than those who might want to try to take it away from her. i hope for her sake she is able to use and enjoy every penny without anyone bothering her.
@drannhh (15241)
I'm curious as to your reasons why you think this should not make headline news. It is not that I agree or disagree, I'm just not sure I understand what you are saying. Could you elaborate a bit?
Things like these don't often happen to people. I hope she uses the money well. I think she was never expecting anything in return to the politeness he showed the old guy, but still she's lucky because her goodness was appreciated. "The best portion of a man's life, his little unremembered acts of kindness and love" -Wordsworth