Making Blog or Website

@scorpio16 (1707)
Which language is important to learn in order to make a good and impressive blog or website. Is understanding and mastery in HTML language sufficient for making and promoting a challenging blog or website or do we need other languages also for give it a fantastic look. Please suggest your ideas so that I can also improve the quality of my blogs.
Blogs these days are almost ready made all you need to do is add your content into the wizard so it can put it into a page for you. Having your own customization means that making it cooler requires your hand-scripted modifications. When you modify, html may need to be altered so that is an essential no doubt. Another useful tool would be css or cascading style sheets. Web design standards these days allow for css and are becoming more and more useful in terms of layout and styling. They add an amazing creative dimension to your webpage. On another note, another addition that is beneficial to blogs to make them more interactive or visually appealling is animations created on flash. Flash allows great interactivity or even just short animations you can create. This lets you make the site a little more interesting for the viewer to look at.
@artguy (1476)
I think with creating a website HTML is good enough unless you are doing a lot of fancy stuff. With a blog I think you would need to learn some scripting language also.