The Power of Porcelain!!

@Debs_place (10525)
The government spends all kinds of money on different types of research but has anyone ever researched the power of porcelain? Think about it, you do things all day long, then you realize, you have to pee. So you head to the bathroom and then you realize, the closer you get to the bathroom, the urge to go increases exponentially. Until as you are just feet away, you become aware that if you don't hurry, you may not get there in time!!! DO you have similar experiences? Are there any other inanimate objects that have an effect on you like this?
@Modestah (11192)
yes, indeed that happens to me and that last few steps are the longest! worse when at a public restroom and you want to wash the seat off first - or line the top of it with paper.... I think, though, that it is the power of suggestion and not the porcelain.
@Debs_place (10525)
Oh I don't know..I would like to believe that I am just a little bit smarter then Pavlov's dogs!
@Modestah (11192)
funny you mention that as it was pavlov's dog that came to my mind after I submitted my response. but, I do think it is natural to have conditioned responses to certain stimuli. we see the commode and our body reacts - when we think about lemons our mouths pucker up a bit and we produce more saliva, we can almost taste them by the mere thought.
@sigma77 (5385)
I am sure the government has explored this concept. Getting there in time is more of a challenge as you age...lol. I don't know if there is any power in porcelain.
@Debs_place (10525)
I don't know about that..I refuse to age.
@gberlin (3836)
This made me laugh. I think it is more true for women than men. At least that seems to be the case at my house. Thanks for the chuckle!