what's the best lesson you've learned in life?

@bianx21 (339)
we make mistakes all the time 'coz nobody's perfect.but at the end of the day,we start to realize the important things through the mistakes we've done. i have learned a lot through my own mistakes and from others.the best lesson i've ever learned so far is to become patient and wait for the right time to push certain things.life not short if we live it in the way we would want to live it.it would seem short if we live it with regrets and hostility.one life is enough as long as that one life is lived in the best way possible.
Hello there! I strongly and passionately agree with what you wrote. Like I always tell people I meet who seem to be having bad days: life is not always what it seems, it is what you make it. Making mistakes are a way of life that only has positive outcomes if you learn from them. I am one who has been dealt a rough hand and have falling more than stayed on my two feet. I have gained valuable knowledge and experience through my setbacks and hardships that I view life on a different level than many. As the saying goes, 'set backs are preparations for a comeback.' Like you said, we cannot live with regrets. We go through the things we go through for a reason and it is up to us to accept the lessons and move on. God only gives us enough that we could bear, so accepts His lessons and live your life to the fullest.
@bianx21 (339)
I am not a religious person but i believe in what you say. though i don't go to church that much,i still believe that God is the driving force of our lives.He makes us realize our importance through His never-ending tests of strength. thank you for responding! i hope to get to know you more...may i add you to my friends list? thanks again!
God will be our God whether we go to church or not. Not to worry, I am not a regular church-goer, but I cannot live without HIM! As long as we acknowledge Him and be thankful for His goodness, it shouldn't matter. I think not having him in mind and in your heart makes it difficult to just go through life each day. Thank you for commenting and yes you may add me as a friend. Talk to you soon! Be blessed and always positive.
@maximax8 (27048)
Traveling has taught me some important lessons. I developed patience waiting for transport to arrive. I have seen many different standards of accommodation and feel lucky for staying where I am. I have met people on a trip around the world and have learned that the poorer people were the happiest. I have learned that money is not as important as good health and good luck. Thinking about safety I have learned not to go alone to a deserted beach. In my home country I have learned that it is good to be organized and have paperwork filed away so it is easy to find. I have learned not to be bothered by regrets and to move on from negative feelings in a happy way. I realize that nobody is perfect and that it is great to see the good things about people. I think praise for children learning in a classroom very important. Too often adults are miserable and have lost touch with the fun side of life.
@bianx21 (339)
wow...i wish i could travel just like you...it has always been my dream to travel different places...and it seems like a good way of learning different realizations according to you...i hope i find it in myself to learn to be organized 'coz my room's very unruly (hahaha!)...there are still a lot of things we have to learn in life so let's continue discovering the beauty of life! thanks for responding! i hope the topic i posted has helped you in discovering the things you've learned in life!
@dreamy1 (3818)
I've learned that I am responsible for the way my life turns out. I make the life that I want to live the good and the bad. I am responsible for what my life looks like and only I can change it.
@bianx21 (339)
yeah...we are all responsible for our own actions.we direct our lives and we have the choice of whether to live it in a good or bad way! thanks for sharing your thoughts with me! God bless and have a nice day!
To depend on myself and make decisions for myself. That doesnt mean not to seek advice of others, but to gather all the info and make the best decision i can make for myself, without influence of outside parties. That way if i make a mistake it is my mistake, not a mistake I made because someone else led me in the wrong direction. In other words be true to yourself, and trust yourself.
The best lesson I have learned during my life time is not to take crap from anyone, no matter who they are.