How bad?

Sometimes I just cant wait - I have to give them right away
By Raz
@razcal2267 (15577)
I cant help myself sometimes. I see something that I just know is suited for someone I know and I have to buy it. Is it such a bad thing that I have already purchased 5 things for the holidays next year? Who is taking bets on how long I will be able to hold off giving these things out and then have to buy more presents later in the year to replace these? LOL
@blackbriar (9126)
I'll throw in a buck cause birthdays are just around the corner. lol That's why I generally don't start buying till mid-summer.
@razcal2267 (15577)
I don't have any birthdays that are around the corner. The first birthday I have to be prepared for isn't until April and it is my mom's. Then nothing until August. I do know many that have birthdays between those two months but very few I actually buy for.
You are lucky then. I have b-days in every month starting Jan. ugh!!!
@razcal2267 (15577)
August thru Dec are the big birthday months for me. Talk about Ugh LOL
@subha12 (18463)
i am also like you. i also end up buying something for some of my near ones which are required after a long time. Mainly for my niece I buy a lot of gifts out of any plan. I can't hold them long and have to gift her.
@praykin (244)
Well it's never too early to get prepared for the Christmas season LOL but I do know what you mean about giving the presents out and having to replace them later. I'll give you about a month before you start giving them out because there's bound to be a party of some sort very soon. Not to mention if you already have a gift on hand it makes it easier to just replace the one you already have, instead of deciding what to buy the person in the first place. LOL but it's great to see that someone is very prepared for anything that might arise. Have fun shopping to replace the gifts you're handing out now LOL.
I wish I could get that head start I don't think it s such a bad thing that you have already started shopping for next Christmas.Its going to be hard now not to give them out like tomorrow.Good luck on that.
@carmelanirel (21108)
I have done that, found something after the holidays that I know someone would enjoy. Sometimes they will receive it for their birthday, if not, then I just keep it until either Hanukkah or Christmas..
You may be on to something if you can hold out until next year, or even when birthdays and special occasions come around. Why wait until its almost time for the occasion to come up. They are coming just the same. Why not buy things at sales and stuff that you know that somebody will like and put them away until that time. You will save money, and the last minute frustration that comes with shopping then.
@sunshine4 (8710)
I think it is a great idea to start shopping for next year already...but yes, you have to put it away! This time of year is the best time to buy for next year. The prices are all slashed and the savings are great. I keep one rubbermaid bucket in my basement and put all the gits I buy early for the following Christmas. It is fun to go threw it before Christmas shopping and see all the gifts that I have already bought:) I have gotten my son one gift and my 2 neices I am already done wiht for next year. I have also bought my daughter tons of stocking stuffers and everything was 75% off:)
@Lakota12 (42794)
I do buy fo rnext year when things are on sale for people and I know they will just love it. but I can wait till next year lol NOw I am hoping ya can hold off giving them up early hide them Like I do and forget where ya put them till next year . good luck
• Marion, Kansas
Will you raid your stash for birthdays, perhaps? Then it is really economical. Put them in Valentines or Easter baskets. You can give them out, it's okay, there there lil razcal, you are not a bad person. Why don't you put me on your gift list. I love little presents. It is fun to be a giver isn't it? I do the same.