People can be so dishonest

I sold the pta captains husband two large tote bags. He wanted one capri sun and the other koolaid jammers. I used so many pouches for those bags. I sent the bags to the school with my nephew ans planned. The man paid for one bag. he knew he had to pay for the second bag as well. They were for his daughter's Christmas. We know he gave them to the girls. Well the last craft show I saw him. He said I know..I know.. I will break you off. Now you know I won't be chasing this man down at all. I just think he made a fool of himself being my brother is a teacher at the school along with my nephew being a student. He should feel shame. I consider this stealing fro me. Am I wrong to feel this way? Am I wrong not to ask him again for the money? I will just leave it alone.. Thanks for your thoughts It may just change my mind.. :)
@Sillychick (3279)
I would ask him one more time, but probably not make a huge deal about it, since I am not good at that sort of thing. No, you are not wrong to feel this way. He did steal from you. He knows he owes the money, but is avoiding paying you. He is counting on you not saying anything. Just remember in the future not to trust this man, and be wary in the future. You might want to have an upfront payment policy to avoid this problem in the future.
I am not to shy to have it out with this man. I am however not trying to represent myself in this bad way. he has to feel bad when he looks at my bags on his child's back. I was looking at him like he was so crazy. He was bringing people to my table and bragging about my different styles and knowing all along he was robbing me. :( sad just sad
@kdhartford (1152)
Well, I think that you should feel like he stole from you, because he did. But how we feel about it, is all up to us. Large business's write things like this off all the time. Sometimes we have to. I look at it this way, if Bank of America hs to do it; with all their lawyers and stuff, then I'll have to do it once or twice. I know this won't make you feel any better, but you should send a formal bill to him.
@paidreader (5151)
Even worse coming from the hubby of the PTA captain. I don't think there is anything wrong with asking again. He may not have had the funds the last time you saw him, but I'm sure he will want to prevent any embarrassment to his wife. Worse case senerio, mention it to his wife at the next PTA meeting. :) Best of Luck.
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
I had a similiar situation like this. A guy that I had become friends with had asked me to order some free stuff on the internet for him. I said that I would charge him just $2.00 for my trouble. He agreed. Then when the dvd arrived, he said that he did not have the money, so I kept it in my room. It was getting close to Christmas and he kept telling me that he was doing his best to be nice. So I finally gave the dvd to him and told him to pay me when he could. Then a few weeks later, I saw him running out of his apartment to buy something from someone else for two dollars. I asked him where was my two dollars. He said that he would give it to me later, he never did. Now, while it is only $2.00 and not that big of a deal, the fact remains that we had an agreement. I have left him alone. That told me that he is not a person of his word. I do not consider that kind of person a friend. I am not angry with him and I don't mention it. I just see him and keep going.
@coffeebreak (17820)
Same thing happened to me. I made "Quiet Books" for my daughter when she was little. These are fabric "books" that have learning things like zippers, button, counting etc. But they are all fabric so they don't make noise. Te perfect occupier for church! Well, my cousin saw it and wanted one for her son.I was very low income at the time or I'd done it for free for a relative, but I wanted to do it, so I just charged for materials, no profit for myself. I charged her $20. I sewed it and made it and it was beautiful. I called her to tell her is was done (we lived about 450 miles apart) and told her I'd put it in the mail and she could send me a check for the $20. She got the book, I never got the check. I asked several times and got the run around, and then one time I was mentioning it to her in front of her mother in law (my aunt). SHe turns to MIL and asks for the $20 and of course MIL gives it to her! I was nearly embarresed that my aunt paid it and mad for my cousin for doing that to me. But, what do you do? Don't do business with friends or relatives and never give without getting!
@Polly1 (12648)
I would go ahead and put him on the spot and ask him for the money. Its even better to ask him for the money in front of someone else. Tell him you were counting on that money for food, bills or whatever. I wouldn't let him get away with not paying you.
I had a similar experience. I sold a book to a person online. The person said they needed the book ASAP and were willing to pay for express shipping (about 10$). I sent the book before she paid for the shipping so it would get there sooner and although I trusted this person who I have never met, I still have not received payment for the shipping. It seems petty to go after this person for such a small amount, but the fact remains she still hasn't paid for something she had agreed to pay for.
@angelface23 (2498)
I think that you need to say something to him about it. I take it you do this kind of thing for extra money? Well he is taking away from that by not paying for his goods. In the future I would make everyone pay you before you give them their merchandise just to be safe.
@Sissygrl (10915)
I think that you should ask him for the money again, i mean, you gave him a service, you made him a bag, and he owes you for your time, materials, and skill! That is what you make the bags for right ? so that you can make a little spare cash on the side ? I think you should tell him you either want the bag back, or you want the money that he owes you! that's only fair.
@dmillman (2273)
I'd try to find a way to bring it up non-challontly (sp?) even state that you're embarrassed to bring it up because with the holidays being so busy, he may have forgot, or whatever, so you wanted to gently remind him. If he's in a finamcial rut, tell him you could work out a payment plan, or he could do something for you to repay you, like mow your lawn, plow your driveway, etc. It's not an ideal situation to begin with, so just remember that someone will probably end up being upset. What if you mention it to his wife, if you have a somewhat reasonable "friendship" with her? If you don't get anywhere after that, maybe you could make up an invoice and mail it to him, maybe even put, PAST DUE in big red letters on it. I've lost a "friend" over $20 once, so I know it's no picnic. I never lend people money anymore because of that one situation. Maybe you should always ask for the money up front from now on, unless you really know someone. Hope this helps!!!
Oh wow you know a big tote to use for taking shopping and stuff would be awesome. You could sell those at craft fairs and do really well if they didnt cost to much. They seem like something that would be easy to wipe down and clean as well as sturdy to carry heavy groceries in. That is horrible that he didnt pay for the second bag. Did he give you the second bag back that he didnt pay for or did he just say that he didnt want the second one after you made it? I suppose next time better get the money first :(
He said he would pay for the bag. The next time I was in the school. He was there and just smiled from across the room. Then he brought someone to me to tell them that I was the one who made those beautiful bags. Then he just walked away. My brother worked at the same school and would not even talk to the man about paying me.
Yea,in this world there are all kinds of people-some good some bad.I am the strong beleiver of god and beleives that god is watching everyone and who so ever does wrong deeds , god will punish them.
@vera5d (4006)
i have this problem a lot - people say they will pay you then they don't. it comes in any line of work. it is up to you to decide if its worth going after or not...sometimes its easier to let things be.