Happy New Years' Day

I will not be on today at all except for starting these two discussions. By 8:00 am I will be already started passing medications. I will be responsible for seven or eight women. Are you working today, or are you at home?
@speakeasy (4215)
I am home today; but, I have been home since I was laid off my job in Nov. Still have not found a new job yet. My husband worked a 12 hour shift last night and he works another one tonight. We are planning on celebrating New Years tomorrow with a big ham dinner and champagne.
That is how we celebrate, we work it around the schedules. What kind of work would you like to do?
Where do you write? I am the work horse type too, if I am not busy being a donkey. I would like, by the end of summer, to be able to replace one of my jobs with writing or online income.
@speakeasy (4215)
I write on helium.com and communati.com Helium pays me the best because it pays me even when I don't have the time to write (like now); plus, when I do have extra time I write for the contests and marketplace - which have better payouts IF you win the contest or your articles are selected for publication.
@jennybianca (12915)
It is already the day after New Years Day here. I slept in, then rushed around making sald to take to my parents for a bbq. We spent about 3 hours at my parents. Fortunately their house is airconditioned, as it was 43 degrees outside./ Later I took my 11 year nephew (who has Aspergers) home to my place to have a swim in our pool. He loved this, & so did we. It was the 5th day straight of over 40 degrees Celcuis (well, one day was 39).
I wish I could join you, for just one day. Is this much heat unusual?
@jennybianca (12915)
We do have bad heatwaves every summer, but I know this heat wave broke some sort of record for the hottest day in 100 years on New Years Eve.
I remember the summer we had 41 days straight of temps over 100 F. Not fun.
@villageanne (8554)
Gerty, I hope you have a wonderful new year. My husband has to work tonight and it is snowing like mad outside. I wish he did not have to work out in the weather like this but we need the money so we are fortunate that he has the job. Happy New Year
I hear you want to move to a warmer climate, where would that be? Does your husband work outside? It seems shift work is a way of life anymore.
@raydene (9875)
I hope you have a good day Sweets.. You are a special lady... Cheers xoxoxoxo
Thank you, you are too, you know.
@ctrymuziklvr (11060)
I'm sitting here listening to the Wiggles with my granddaughter...lol! Another day with my little angel and then she goes home!
I played air hockey with my clients and others.
@babystar1 (4236)
I am at home today just taking it easy, and watching movies.