Are you going to spend New Years Day with family

Katie opening presents - Katie busy opening her Christmas present
@suspenseful (40316)
I was wondering who you are going to spend New Years Day with or who did you spend New Years Day with? We are having my older son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter over. She is so cute. We were over at their place for Christmas and now they are coming over here along with my younger son who is yet not married. We will be having Chinese/Thai food to try out the Electric Wok my husband got me for Christmas and since he did not get all the correct ingredients, it is going to be anybody's guess.
@Lakota12 (42684)
staying home with family SOn and wife finally got here about 8 hours late but they made it was afaid there for awhile they would get stuck in Denver too. but it was a nice day SAt. today I am making home made biskets or rolls wheat ever ya want to call them and Son is smoking a shoulder Bread gonna be done before hand but some of them like them hot and some dont care.then I am making oinion bread in my new bread maker machine wont start that to early for ot only takes and hour for that. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
@Lakota12 (42684)
yup we tend to make to much of alot of our food but then they dont last to long as left overs good thing it was wrote so you could read it. Love my machine gonna have to make some onimon bread soon havent got around to that yet we got to busy for me to cook any more. and the rolls I made were by hand the recipe is to big for the machine.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
I did enjoyed and celebrated the year with the family. its not complete if I spend it with out my family, though there was no extravagant celebration and extravagant food but we have shared it together and thats whats really important.
@suspenseful (40316)
I love spending it with my family, especially as I am now a grandmother and have my granddaughter to fuss over.
Actually I did spend all of my New Year holiday with my family. They are the most important for me. I cherish every minute with them.
@suspenseful (40316)
We had my older son, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter over. I do have a brother over in British Columbia, but we do not see him much because it costs quite a bit to go there and he does not want to use a computer, so I cannot email him. He is extremely shy and keeps to himself.
@maddysmommy (16233)
It was just the three of us on New Years Day. Because its also my husbands birthday, we went out for breakfast and then spent the afternoon getting some dvds and watching movies at home. He also spent some of the time playing basketball games on my sons play station too.
@suspenseful (40316)
We really enjoyed ourselves and our granddaughter was so happy and trying to talk. Mind you, she only has two teeth right now so it will be some time before she becomes a budding conversationalist.
@williamjisir (22903)
Hello dear suspenseful friend. I spent New Year's Day with my best friends as I am working far away from my home. I had a very nice time with them either for the nice lunch or dinner. I am happy that you will have a wonderful day when your daughter-in-law and granddaughter come over to you tomorrow including your son. That is really great. Yes, it is a very good moment with your family members. I hope that you will have tasty Chinese and Thai food.
@suspenseful (40316)
It was good. The only one who did not use chopsticks was my husband, oh and little Katie because she is only six months old. The food was delicious.
@terri0824 (4991)
By my choice I spent last night alone and spending it alone again today. It just feels nice not to be running or working and to be home. Just wish it was a bit warmer, I may have to break down and put the gloves back on! So how did the cooking turn out?
@suspenseful (40316)
We made too much. Ate the lemon chicken the next day, had some of the fried rice for breakfast one day, and had the beef stir fry for breakfast the next and then threw it out. There was too much and it would not have lasted. So now I am going back to my old Chinese cookbooks I got before I was married. At least they tell you the proper portions for four people (not counting the baby, she's just starting to eat pablum and apple sauce now.)
@Stiletto (4584)
Happy new year suspenseful. I spent today with my daughter, her partner and my gorgeous grandaughter. Your grandaughter is a real sweetie by the way! It was fun, my daughter is also a good cook so we had a lovely meal. My grandaughter, who is 20 months old now, is still pretty excited about her Christmas presents so I spent most of the day singing and dancing along to her playing her new keyboard lol! Anyway I hope your meal went well, despite not having the correct ingredients!
@suspenseful (40316)
It did and I hope your granddaughter loved her keyboard. A budding musician in the making, maybe?
We had my in-laws over for New Years Eve and ate Chinese food due to the fact that I had to work until 5PM and then we watched movies and talked into the New Year...We had a very good time! Today (In about an hour we are leaving fr a friends house as we have been invited there for New Years Day! Happy New Year To You My Friend! ~Heavens~
@suspenseful (40316)
Had the family over for New Years, except my younger son. He had a cold. We enjoyed ourselves, had Chinese, made it ourselves and it was delicious.
@blackbriar (9080)
We got lots of snow...10" of the white stuff..so we gonna be having loads of fun in it today. I have a feeling we won't be the only ppl on the sledding hills today. lol
@suspenseful (40316)
We had our older son, daughter-in-law and the baby over. My younger one could not make it because he had a cold. I wish he had because we made too much Chinese food.
@carmelanirel (20979)
We had my daughters family over last night, so I guess today we are just taking it easy..:)
@suspenseful (40316)
I went to Church on New Years Eve, and on New Years, had the family over, except my younger son had a cold so he could not come. We made Chinese food, but made too much.
@luvstochat (6914)
I am at home with my family today my husband had a paid holiday today so he got to stay home from work too. We thought about taking the kids and going shopping but it is really cold outside so we might stay home and just watch tv.
@suspenseful (40316)
We made Chinese food, and had a good time watching Tv.
@palonghorn (5485)
Happy New Year to you and your's. I'll be spending the day with my s/o, he's fixing us steak and eggs for brunch, and weather permitting, we're going to go for a ride later and see some covered bridges I've never seen. He gave me a new camera for Christmas and well, it's another photo op lol. And later, I'm going to work on some scrapbooking pages, or at least straighten up my scrapbooking supplies, since I bought and received more over Christmas. Hope you have a wonderful day.
@suspenseful (40316)
We had our family over for New Years and tried out my new electric wok, but we should have made fewer servings of each dish. So I got out my old Chinese cookbook and will use those recipes as they are authentic and were written by a Chinese cook. For instance we were going to have wonton soup, but apparently the cookbook I got with the wok, said to add noodles. Of course, it must have been based on the Canadian food guide that says to pile on the carbohydrates. Not good. My shortbread cookies went over well and I will have to learn how to decorate better.
@wolfie34 (26792)
I keep forgetting the time difference between my friends, me being in the UK it's still New Year's Day it's 3.15 in the afternoon, for some people New Year's Day has finished for others it has only just started! I actually went out to do some gardening today, I needed to get out, I needed some air. I am having a big roast beef dinner with just mum and dad, a quiet affair which is what I like. Enjoy your New Year's Day my friend.
@suspenseful (40316)
I did. It was fun.
@chrislotz (8203)
Yes, I did spend New Years with family. My hubby's brother and wife and two kids came and spent five days with us, from out of town. We made a huge dinner and had my hubby's two daughters and one of their girlfriends over, my son and daughter-in-law and my daughter-in-laws parents. So I had a house full and everything went very well. We have a pool table so some of them played pool and others played cards.