I just got a freelance job!!

I just checked my email and I had an emaail from getafreelancer saying I was selected for a job. I am so excited. This is only the second time I have been selected for a job on there. It is hard to get selected when you don't have much feedback on there. And sometimes people put up projects for one specific person. Once you get your foot in the door though, you are in. If you can get one person who likes your work, you could work with that person for a very long time.
Wow, good for you!! That's a great way to start off the New Year! I'm not familiar with the site and I may have to go to your blog to look into it more. Do you just bid on possible jobs when you have the time, or is there more to it than that? Hope it goes well for you and turns in many more jobs for you! Have a great 2008!
Thanks! Yes, that is it. You just bid on the projects you want. But like I said in the earlier post, you only get so many bids per month unless you upgrade. Then it's like over 100 bids you can post. I think it's under 20 if you remain a free member. But that's monthly. It renews every month. The employer may contact you to ask for samples or just ask questions. But it's a pretty simple system.
Good for you!!! I wish that I could do something like this. Did it cost you any money ?
You can join the site for free. There is a banner at the bottom of my blog. You can upgrade your account for a fee. I think it is pretty low though, maybe $12 or 13. Can't remember. You are allowed so many bids as a free member though. If you want more bids, you have to upgrade. I think I have to pay a fee when I get paid for the job. Kind of like a finders fee.
@skinnychick (6907)
Big congrats!! Foot in the door! Yay!!