Largest number of responses on one single discussion topic? What type of topic?

@cyberfluf (5005)
Netherlands
I'm unsure how many responses that might be, but I guess it would have to be a topic a lot of people can relate too. To make it more specific, I am talking about meaningfull and legitimate discussions; no word- or numbergames or something like that; otherwise I guess those would certainly win due to the fast way you can post an answer that is as descriptive for that topic as it gets :P Other topics that would get a lot of answers are the once that give you two options to choose from (for example: apple or pear?) or a discussion about a social issue most people are coaping with, have coaped with or think they might face in the future. What do you guys think?
@theprogamer (10543)
Easy discussions get a lot of responses, as long as they get attention. VERY controversial discussions receive plenty of responses too.
You would definitely be a good person to ask with all those posts you have done. That is awesome. How long have you been on this site? I have only been here for 3 days now but I really like it so far. The only problem I find is people not knowing how to respond. The respond with one simple sentence and the discussion is over.
@cyberfluf (5005)
• Netherlands
Thank you so much programer, it seems like you have a lot of experience here so you must know which topics go well. I wonder though if being too controversial will get people to dislike you; it can turn the other way around I guess. You don't want the discussion to get overheated and I do think you have to write truethfully and not provocate just to get people to respond (I don't know if that ever happens it's just theoratically ;). I admire your effort on mylot and thanks for adding a response.
@mimpi1911 (25455)
Hi hun, I feel, it has to do more with a very sound networking here. You have to create an active friends network in order to get appreciated and not to mention more responses. I have noticed that many strong, apparently meaningful discussion get lost and a simple discussion like what is your favorite color and stuff like get get humongous responses! I hope you got my point.
@cyberfluf (5005)
• Netherlands
I do get your point, it bugs me sometimes that meaningful discussions get so little responses. Sometimes I go look for discussions without any responses just to make sure there isn't something very interesting I'm overlooking merily because it gets skipped by so many people. Thank you for your addition to this discussion!
@secretbear (19472)
hi cyberluf! ^__^ i agree that topics which a lot of people can relate too would gain more responses. and then, base on observations, these are topics which people usually encounter with their daily lives so when you ask about it, they would immediately think of an answer and wouldn't have to think so hard to remember and come up for an answer. i have discussions like these which gained a little less than 100 or more than fifty and examples of which are these: http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/1289068.aspx http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/1317737.aspx http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/1320605.aspx and then, i also think that discussions that don't make you think so hard and form your own opinion gather a lot of responses. like those discussions that aren't that serious or deal with serious matters like political issues. a lot of people came here in myLot to have fun and thus, they would prefer light topics. but there are also people who love sharing their opinion so these serious topics would still gain some responses. and lastly, general discussions gain more responses than specific ones. like for example, the topic "watching tv" would gain more responses than the topic "watching CSI". ^__^
@cyberfluf (5005)
• Netherlands
Hi secretbear. A very good and descriptive answer you have indeed. I love that you also included some links with examples, that makes your message even more clear. Keeping an discussion open sure helps, I have some experience with that. I used to have pretty specific topics and they don't get a lot of responses. It can also make your discussion very hard and it won't go anywhere. It's more fun when you have a lot to talk about :) Everyone has given such wonderfull answers it's hard to denote a best response, I feel like you all deserve it ^_^
@secretbear (19472)
hi cyberluf! ^__^ i'm just happy to share my observations. ^__^ and i'm glad if a lot of people will agree to it just like you. ^__^ thank you for giving me the best response. ^__^ Happy new year!
@patgalca (13888)
• Orangeville, Ontario
Discussions about every day happenings that happen to pretty much everyone get the largest number of responses. My biggest response discussion was one of my very first posts about my first Christmas without my father. I originally got 250 responses (for some reason some were deleted). Other discussions are about things you do every day like washing the clothes or making meals, looking after the kids, brushing your teeth, cleaning the house. Simple little things that while you're actually doing these chores make you think of a question - like is there a better way? How do others deal with this? But asking if one prefers a pear over an apple is actually discouraged by MyLot. It does not lead to an actual discussion when the response is a one word answer. Quality discussions it what is important, not just posting for the sake of posting.
@cyberfluf (5005)
• Netherlands
Thank you for your very descriptive post patgalca. You are right about the apple/pear type discussion; it doesn't really add anything but I was trying to point out it does get a lot or responses. It's not a good thing, but it happens. It's a good thing mylot is alert on that. 250 responses is a lot! That might be one of the longest discussions ever on mylot. It's a very sad one though, I'm sorry you had to spend christmas without your father. Again thanks for your quality response!