I'm tired of contracts!

Does anyone know of a cell phone carrier that does not require a contract? Every one I know of requires a contract or else you get stuck with very few minutes and they charge you a fortune. Why can't I get a decent plan without a contract?
iuse alltel prepaid and very happy with there services
@nichole1983 (1189)
if you dont want to have a contract then you have to get a pre paid cell... and let me tell you they are crap... you end up wasting more mins than on a contract... when looking and getting a contract ask as many questions for your benefit... i dont know where your from or anything but how my contract works is unlimiting calls days, evenings and weekends... i pay a flat out rate of $30 a month i also get charged for roaming charges and long distance charges... but with long distance i have a plan on that as well an additional 5 dollars for up to 750 minutes anytime... roaming charges i get charged by the seconds and not minutes... so all in all im spending about 70/month for my contract with all the bells, whistles, taxes etc for a one month period... i suggest the next time that you go into your service provider.. talk to the salesperson and get the best contract that meets your needs..
@shymurl (2769)
I have a prepaid phone myself. I can't get a contract if I wanted one. They always want a huge deposit with a 2 yr contract. I like having a prepaid phone the down fall is that I use my phone alot with my work so it can get expensive. I wish there was a way to get my service cheaper for as much time as I use on my phone.
@dreamy1 (3818)
I haven't had a contract in five years and I refuse to have a contract again. Last year I got Virgin Mobile. I am very satisfied with the service. My phone was free, they had free shipping and I got it in about two days. It's just a plain phone no camera no bells and whistles but I don't need any. They have a variety of phones to choose from and also different plans. I don't talk a lot so I just have basic service no monthly fee calls are .18 cents a minute. You just need to add $20 every 90 days to keep your phone active. I like Virgin Mobile and I recommend it.