Hanoi Vietnam - been there?

Singapore
Hi everyone, Just wondering whether anyone of you has been to Vietnam and specifically the city of Hanoi? It is currently the capital of Vietnam. I'm intending to visit and am considering making a side trip to Halong Bay as well. Which is a UNESCO heritage site but mainly just caves and islands. But not sure whether it's worth it. Or whether i should go to Hue instead, which is an ancient capital city further down south. Also a UNESCO heritage site, it has imperial grounds and apparently more culture than Hanoi which is just like another busy South east asian city. Glad for any travel tips you'd care to share. thanks!
@maximax8 (27048)
I have not been to Vietnam yet. I think that you should try to visit the interesting city of Hanoi and Halong Bay as well. Then if you like it there you could travel to Hue as well. I think highly of UNESCO heritage sites. I hope that you see as muchas possible and have a fantastic trip.
yes I've already booked a trip to Halong Bay! whee. thanks!
@maximax8 (27048)
I have not yet been to Vietnam. However I suggest seeing an interesting city like Hanoi and a pretty coastal area. I think highly of UNESCO heritage sites. Halong Bay might be lovely for all the caves and islands that you could take photos of. I hope that you see a lot and have a fantastic trip.