Solar Lights & wintertime

@webeishere (36353)
This is my first winter having solar lights. I bought these early spring to light my garden at night. Now I just unburied them from the snow we have had. Do the batteries freeze in the cold causing them to stop working? Will the freezing temps damage the batteries or the insides of the lights at all? Should I remove them as we don't get a lot of sun anyhow? I need help. Hahahaha!! HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@blackbriar (9080)
I don't have solar lights yet but the ones I see in other ppls' yards are out year-round and work in the freezing temps.
@webeishere (36353)
I just dug mine out from the snow yesterday so I have yet to see if they still work. HAHAHAHA! Thanks. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@Debs_place (10525)
Mine have been out for years through the winter, but they do not light as much and have grown dim over time ( much like me!). I heard that it is not good for the batteries to not get a full charge but they are working.
@squaretile (3833)
this is a clever idea! and environmentally friendly as well. what with all the hoo ha on carbon footprints these days. I guess if they were made for a temperate country, they should be hardy enough to survive winter in the garden? i suppose they shoudl still work.
@jennybianca (12915)
I can't help with a lot of these questions, as of course, I dont have the experience of snow. I do think the stores should not be selling solar lights if the batteries are going to be ruined by freezing temperatures, as they should know what the weather is like in your area. I think solar lights are a fantastic idea. There are gaining more & more popularity in Australia due to our excessive sunlight. We have a solar water heater.
@bonbon664 (3470)
Mine work in the winter. I'm sure yours will too.