I hate when my Landlord is cooking fish.

Why does he find the need to leave his house door open. Knowing we are the only two on this side. This smell goes straight in my house. then I have to use my energy to boil a pot of spices to help rid the smell of it. it goes no where but in my freaking house. I can't even think of saying anything to him. he gets so ignorant about stuff and goes on for hours about it. We were having a head to head over me not having any freaking heat in my house. Is there a purpose I don't know of here. Why is it he has to open his front door up stairs knowing I am right down here with this smell?
@sedel1027 (17868)
Maybe you should get a can of Oust and every time he starts cooking fish walk up the stairs and spray his apartment. I bet then he would get the picture. Did you ever call the housing authority about your heat?
I did and they put me on a reporting list. They will be out to inspect the apt. He has turned it up more often then before. It is that he has the control in his apt upstairs and they don't like heat. he tried to tell me something was wrong with my radiators. I told him the inspectors will be out and I wanted him to know and not be shocked. he now turns it on and just not high enough. I am sitting here with a sweater and long sleeves. long jeans and thick socks and my sneakers. I am normally in my lounging clothes. But I went down to the welfare office to renew my Medicaid I spoke with the worker and she told me he can't toss me out for not complying with the laws. So now I am standing up for myself and no longer afraid of getting kicked out. They said I am on SSI and that he could lose his rental license.
@sedel1027 (17868)
How can they have a rental unit down stairs and not have a heat control in each area? Sounds like the building was not meant to have a rental unit in it and that he may not be up to code. I hope you get this resolved soon. Did they tell you how long it would take to get the inspector out?
I had to spray some nutra air in that hall one one day. I just held on to the nozzle and soon they came to the door. My mother was here just a few days ago and she had to leave fast. The smell to her was like the fish was bad. Thanks
@carmelanirel (21108)
Oh, this is the landlord that is not getting you heat? So do you have heat now? I was going to say to offer him your pan of water and spices to make with his dish, but he just might think it was for him to eat..lol
Oh no you did not say that. Oh I can't stop laughing you may just be right about that. I do have more heat now . Thanks for asking. :) LOL
@Sissygrl (10999)
Maybe you should do him the favour back. A lot of people can't stand the smell of curry, hehe cook something in curry every night for the next month and see how he likes it, and when he complains make him a deal, you wont cook more curry if he doesn't cook anymore fish. I really can relate to you on this one. My neighbours cook things late at night while i'm sleeping cause one of them gets off work at 12am. So that is his supper time. And it almost always wakes me up. There is nothing i can do about it though except run my vacuume at 7 am when the baby wakes up *giggles*
Ooooh that is bad. Now he can cook his stink fish but why open your house door knowing it goes no where but down into my apt. he is just stupid in the head.
@Rozie37 (15505)
• Turkmenistan
When you live in an apartment, there are a lot of things that you will have to learn to tolerate from your neighbors. I would imagine that he opens the door so that the smell won't linger in his house. You can not always have things your way. Have you ever considered that there may be things that you do that bother him too. I have a roommate in my apartment and we do lots of things that get on each others nerves, but we have to get along here. Why don't you tell him that one of these days he will have to invite you over for fish, since it smells so tempting. Maybe that will get him to close the door and open a window or two. There are also times in life where we are not going to be able to get the things that we need from the people who are suppose to provide them for use. So we may have to do it for ourselves, at least in the meantimes. What I am saying is that it behooves you to go out and buy a small heater to keep you and your child warm.
I bought a heater before he gave me one. I bought it off ebay and it was not equiped to fit my sockets. He said he does not want to fix the sockets. I am also by right of law required to have heat in my apt. he had the heat off and gave me a heater to keep from paying the bill himself. I have had no problem with the heat since the building dept came to my home. She rang his bell and all they had to do was here building dept. The heat was on and still on since then. I put out my own trash. I don't play any music or have traffic in and out. I pay my rent on time every month and don't complain about this door off the hinges or the hole in my bathroom ceiling or the toilet leaking. all of which he is aware of. I am just waiting to move out where I don't have to be robbed of heat. Thanks for the message.
i know the feeling. the lady down stairs cooks fish 3-4 times a week and the smell comes up throught the floor .it stinks my apartment so bad that i need to spray deoderizers then go out for a couple of hours
@power926 (60)
People show love in many different kinds of ways maybe your landlord really loves you adn he also really loves fish. Your landlord puts the two together a voila! FISH FOR YOU! or maybe he just doesnt like u alot :(