marriage and children

@chooochy (356)
i have never felt the urge to have children or am i particularly bothered about getting engaged or married, im 27 and have been with my partner for 8 years, we have lived together for 7 of those, yet everyone around me says oo ur body clock will start ticking and you will want children etc or youl be getting the bug to walk down the aisle soon etc neither of these ideas bring great excitement to me, they have been saying that since i was a teen and i still feel the same, does this make me an unnatural woman? im forever being told it is every womans dream to get married and have children/family, but i dont think u need to have children to be a family. Am i the only one who feels this way?
@bfarrier1 (2082)
I believe you have to do what is right for you if you are happy with your relationship the way it is then people should leave you alone. I don't think there is nothing unnatural about not wanting to be married or have kids, every person is different and you should tell the next person that tries to make you feel bad that. You and your partner is your family you dont' need children to be a family. I myself have been married 3 times ,I have 3 girls and 4 grandchildren but that is my life as I chose to live it and you should live yours the way you choose to live it. Have a great day!
@chooochy (356)
thankyou so much for that, it made me feel so much better, i started to think i was weird and missing some maternal gene or something lol
@bfarrier1 (2082)
There is nothing wrong with the way you want to live your life and you should be able to do that without be hassled.
Hey what you believe is surely good for you.Having children is the only way of starting a family.Also not marriage.But I think it si the accepted way of life and people who seem to think against it seem to be thought of as odd. dont worry you are not missing a maternal gene or something like that.Its just that you are you and let that be your trademark.