Wait and see

@LittleMel (14059)
If someone tells you this, can you really sit tight, at least most of the time? I just can't, unless it's firm instruction, such as 'wait and see, or else you'll jeopardize it'. What about you?
@chrislotz (8207)
I too have a problem with wait and see. I like to and want to know now. I have very little patience and I have a hard time waiting. But sometimes I don't have a choice and then it is usually worth the wait. My hubby is really bad about saying this, even when it is nothing because he knows how I feel about it and he likes to tease me.
@LittleMel (14059)
:) my husband does it too, but I know when he does it
@abbey19 (3129)
• Gold Coast, Australia
The expression "wait and see" has a stigma for me, because when I was a little girl, my mother always used to say that, and it really frustrated me; I had to sit tight! She would never give me a straight answer - always "we'll wait and see". I knew what her answer would be (nearly always it was "no"), but she just couldn't say it! That expression has been a pet hate of mine since childhood! Sorry, I just had to vent, forgive me, lol!
@LittleMel (14059)
thanks for sharing abbey. I kind of think wait and see means no, too. but in the end sometimes I get a yes so the uncertainty drives me crazy :)
@suspenseful (40326)
I can sit for a little while, but I will get up and pace around. I would not care if there was a warning, and I would not take it literally that I am supposed to sit in a chair and not move. I do not think they mean for you to sit down in the chair, what they mean is for you not to go and ask them a bunch of questions or go into the other room, look through the window, and bug then to no end.
@LittleMel (14059)
I know what it means it's just that the uncertainty drives me crazy. sometimes they also told me to sit tight which doesn't mean literally but also something I just can't do
@polachicago (19143)
Wait and see is probably overused slogan without bad meaning... I don't wait for anything; I am go getter....lol Sometimes I have to slow down....@meditation....
@LittleMel (14059)
hahah it sounds meditation will help you slow down a little bit
@williamjisir (22909)
Hello dear LittleMel. Wait and see? Yeah, there are often times in life we will have to say, 'wait and see'. Because there are some things that we can not make a decision so fast right on the spot. I would be happy to wait and see to see which solution would be a better one after some time. lol.
@LittleMel (14059)
so you will actually do that. sit tight and wait.