Do you experience something horrible lately?

leech photo - horrible leech photo
Guangzhou, China
In my past discussion I mentioned that we have an aquarium and we have guppies. The plants in the water grow so well and the water is also very clean. The guppies live well and everything seems to be so perfect. However, I found a very horrible thing. That is there are leeches inside! In fact I saw it on Saturday and I was glad to tell my dad as at that time I thought it was only a big red worm. As usually we feed the guppies with red worms. They are very small and tiny and they are the fish's favorite food. I just thought it was only a large red worm and I told my dad we didn't have to buy it any more because it can grow up. The truth recovery is always so horrible. When I get to know it is the leech, I want to vomit. I am so scared to it. I can't imagine sometimes I use my hand to fix the plants inside the aquarium. The leech is a very horrible creature that I have seen in so many years. I don't understand why there will be leeches inside. Perhaps some mixed with the red worms. So finally last night I changed all the water, cleaned the aquarium, threw all the plants and little stones although they are so beautiful. I can't stand there will be some horrible things under the little stones. Now my aquarium looks so clean and clear. So I think from now on no horrible things will grow inside. The good news is the guppies are fine even if I made such a big change.
@spoiled311 (5502)
ouch! when i was in college, my whole tub (a square, cemented tub) of goldfish was wiped out. i dunno what happened, i was travelling that time and when i went home, it was only then i knew about it. i think it was the heat that caused the rise in the temperature in the tub. i think there were about 100 fishes there. sigh...i felt so bad then...
Oh, that's so horrible. I am so sorry to hear that.
@williamjisir (22909)
Hello dear youless. While I am so sorry for the little disgusting leech in your aquarium, I am happy for the fish that are still in good health without being influenced by the leech. I am sure that no more leech will be in the aquarium so long as it is kept clean as often as possible. Good night, dear youless. Sweet dream.
Thanks so much for your reply. Well, it's only 22:56 now. Usually I won't go to bed in so early. I have to post more because right now your posts are so close to mine:)
Hello dear youless and Mithrarao. Thanks so much for the BR. I would not have found this interesting conversation from you both if I am not given the BR. I am having a good laugh over it and I love the conversation very much. But as it is now too cold in my place, I do not want to be online that late and would like to sleep early in my quilt to enjoy the warmth. I do not think that I would be able to overpass your posts until I start to have my winter vacation when I am not so busy with my work, but then something else will keep me busy and lazy when I have to visit my relatives from house to house that I will still not be able to post as many posts as I can. I guess that it will take quite some time to be next to or before your posts at users by rating. lol.
So you had live plants in your aquarium? This is most likely where they came from, they hitch hiked in on the plants. If you want live plants in your aquarium, put the plants in a seperate aquarium (quarintine aquarium) for a week or more so that you can see if there is any problem with them. You should also quarintine any new fish so that if any new fish is sick they will not make the whole tank of fish sick.
Now I don't have plants in my aquarium any more.