Cat blamed for Idaho blackout

@shakeroo (3991)
Malaysia
While many dogs have become heroes for saving the days, a cat was blamed for the blackout in Idaho. "The cat entered an electrical substation, snuggled up to a warm transformer and contacted a live circuit, causing a short that blew out nine feeder lines Monday afternoon, Idaho Power officials said." The power outage caused chaos in the city of Nampa but services were restored inless than 3 hours and the cat died due to the short circuit. Poor Kitty! Read more: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080108/ap_on_fe_st/odd_cat_outage;_ylt=AjsKz9Fuw57pAEmCXz2I7WntiBIF
@LittleMel (14059)
see wild cats sometimes do things that kill them. it must be so hard to stay warm this winter and that's the only thing the cat knows. I hope one day I can build a shelter for wild cats, they need food and warmth too
@shakeroo (3991)
That is a good suggestion. Thanks!
@lightningMD (5937)
Oh the poor cat,she was just trying to be warm and survive. I'm glad the people have their power back.
@shakeroo (3991)
Thanks for your comment.
What? Poor cat! They really ought to make those electrical substations much safer. I mean, what do they expect, that wildlife somehow knows what an electrical substation is, or any human infrastructure for that matter? On another note, how can they exactly "blame" the cat, when there's no way it could know to intentionally cause a blackout? They can't.
@shakeroo (3991)
Well I guess the word "blame" makes it a good title. LOL!
@twoey68 (13662)
Poor kitty...I wish they could find a way to keep animals safe from these things...she was just trying to get warm. **AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~