Any Exports know about High Definition

@suspenseful (40330)
We have a high definition Tv and we get High Definition movies on them. Now I suppose with made for Tv and shows they have to add a little on the sides because High definition is wider than the regular Tv show, but in movies it is different. For instance if the movie was an old movie before the wide screen, do they stretch out the sides a bit? What if the movie was a wide screen, do they make a version in High Definition, one in standard, and one in wide screen? I can understand having a wide screen letterbox format, but how do they make the regular screen, into high definition format like not distorting or making the figures wider and squashed like they did when they put The Godfather series on A & E high definition?
@Lakota12 (42794)
oh my I just dont know what to think about this we are surpose to have some high definition stations from our cable co. buut I have seen no differnet in any thing I watch . if its wide screen pic then its wide screen if reg. then its just reg. I have told no thing different about any of the movies I watch. Since you haveone of those TV how does it look to you ?
@suspenseful (40330)
It looks fine to me, unless you are watching the Godfather series on A & E high definition. Then the characters look fatter and wider. I just want to know the process. I mean if you were watching TCM and the movie you were watching was the old version of A Christmas Carol, then what would happen if they decide to make a high definition version. I know there is a HD version of Casablanca, the one starring Humphrey Bogart.
@Lakota12 (42794)
does casa blanca look ok or do they look fat to dont know if I would like HD
@Lakota12 (42794)
cool let us know ok? I am not in the market for a new TV yet but when I am If they arent any good I wont buy that kind.
@marciascott (25563)
I guess I half to get use to the H.D, It looks kind of funny,those New TV's with H.D, It does look wider, I am not use to seeing Movies like that. It just looks funny to me.
@suspenseful (40330)
You will get used to it. They have this HD definition movies that are wider. But A & E does not have it right. If you watch the characters in the Godfather series, they looked really fat. But even the regular movies look much better.