Pagan/Non-traditional spiritual/religious belief forums

@sedel1027 (17868)
Do you visit these or have a favorite one? I have been looking for a good forum that primarily deals with pagan and other non-mainstream views, but also includes discussions on every day topics and the historical view of religion. I have found a few good onces that have a lot of information, but are not that active. Another problem: I don't want to belong to the same sites as my husband, which since he is a forum fiend, is quite hard to do.
@Galena (9124)
I used to a lot, but they've gone downhill a great deal lately, and I don't use them anymore. one of the big problems for me is that I used to visit a very very good Pagan forum. it was just brilliant. then a load of people fell out, it split down the middle and I ended up on two very good forums. then one of them moved address, and I was then unable to log in or re-register. and the other just changed. it still has some good content, but no sense of community any more. and most forums are let down by swathes of bright eyed young things who have read a book or two and think they know all there is to know.
@sedel1027 (17868)
I have noticed that myself. I found one site that I really like but there are not many extremely active users. Often you will post something and not get any feedback for at least a day or two. My husband has mentioned that at least one site recently that he belonged to has shut down due to too much drama/emo people
@lecanis (16739)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
I've had a hard time finding good pagan forums over the past few years too. I was on a few about ten years ago, but they started fading out or becoming something else. It's either invasion by people who don't know anything or conflict between eclectics and traditionalists. I did hang out on the Celtic Reconstructionist board some at beliefnet for a while, and on the general pagan board there. *shrugs* I don't do so anymore, but more because I spend all my online time on mylot than anything that was wrong with those boards. :P
@sedel1027 (17868)
I find that I spent a lot of time on MyLot as well, but sometimes I have issues/questions that I don't think will be answered here. Unfortunatelym, the only boards going strong - that I have found - are otherkin sites. I don't necessarily agree with everything posted, but quite a few are great resources for books, links and articles written on all sorts of pagan/metaphysical/meditation and other topics. Even if I find a forum that I like, I don't like the fact that it seems there are a handful of people that are on every board known to man or that my hubby is on the board. Not that I am hiding anything but sometimes I want to post question about him that he doesn't realize yet and I can't tell him about.
@lecanis (16739)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
*nods* It can be hard to get serious answers to religious questions here, especially pagan ones. I can understand not wanting to be on the same boards as your husband. I have to watch what I say on mylot sometimes because my husband reads here even though he doesn't post much, so asking a question about him would be impossible. My husband has been on more of the otherkin boards than I have, but I've got a bit of experience with them. They can be interesting! I really wish I had a good pagan board about now again, but I'm a little nervous about going to look for one again. I could head back to the beliefnet ones, but a lot of people know me there that I'm not comfortable with talking to since I had some major changes in my offline life.
@sedel1027 (17868)
I found one site that I really like but isn't very active. It is primary women on the site and they are mostly in the UK: http://magickalforest.com/index.html Ah, I knew someone would understand about wanting to be on different site. That idea really dumbfounds people, not sure why. I don't mind having a site that we both belong to but sometimes I need my own space. The Otherkin sites are no bad. Seems like a lot of what they focus on is becoming buddy buddy with each other. That all nice, but some of those people are kids....I would rather not become buddy buddy with a 13 yr old and share ideas with them (not that teenagers are stupid, I just don't feel comfortable doing it).