Men what is a justifiable reason to hit a woman?

We hear so much about woman being abused by spouses. Now I know first hand from being in the battered womans shelter. I saw the bruises and helped wipe so many tears. Many woman were so afraid they were running for life. What are some reasons why a woman should be beat?
@wolfie34 (26816)
As a man I see absolutely NO reason whatsoever to hit a woman, there is no justifiable reason UNLESS you are being attacked by a woman, but only then should reasonable defence be used, rather than to attack. Sometimes it's mental abuse that can be harder to bear than physical abuse because how do you prove mental abuse from one spouse to another? But there are a small percentage of men who are also abused, yet there are precious few shelters for them. There is no excuse for violence, bullying on any scale and no one should have to put up with it.
Thanks for the best answer possible. :)
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
My motto is, just because they feel they have a reason, it does not give them the right. Who judges and hits the man when he deserves it? If the woman can't hit him when she feels that he deserves it, then he should not be hitting her, at all. Only cowards hit their women. I say if you need to hit someone and you are a real man, hit another man. I was abused by my ex-boyfriend when I was younger. My self-esteem was very low. I had not realized yet, that I was a child of God and that I deserved better. I will never again settle for less than God's best for me.
@Adoniah (7515)
There is never a time or a place where it is right for a Man or a Woman to lay hands on one another in a violent fashion. Unfortunately, abuse does go both ways. More often than not Men abuse Women. But very often Women do abuse Men. Both are horribley wrong!!! I was raised in a house where my Father's wife did abuse him and it was a very sad thing. He finally got out of that relationship but it scarred him just as much as any abusive relationship scarrs anyone. He did find a lovely woman to spend the last few years of his life with but he had been worn out by years of abuse and did not live long.
@morgandrake (2140)
There is no justifiable reason for a woman to be abused by a man. Anyone who tells you otherwise is engaged in self-justification.
@twoey68 (13651)
Although I'm not a man I will say that as far as me personally, there is never, ever a reason to hit a woman. Even if she is out of control, a man can walk away. Having been in an abusive relationship I've found that most men beat on women to make himself feel stronger and in charge. A woman would be better off with out a man like that. **AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
@theprogamer (10539)
Its not right at all and most men know this. Its hideous. I can't say much else on this since its been said before and said constantly. I can say other things though. The only justifiable reason is in defense. Let me ask all the naysayers this. Pretend you are a husband: If someone comes at you with a pipe, a firewood poker, a hammer, a knife what are you to do? From the sound of some responses I've heard and seen elsewhere, its sounds like "take it" is the answer. BS. Its your life on the line and you have a human right to defend it. Its too bad the cesspool stateside is becoming won't allow this. Similar to you gifts I've seen plenty of cases where the guys had to take the abuse and could not defend themselves (but I've gotten glimpses of worse)= People getting bruises, burns, cuts, mutilation, broken bones, fractured skulls. And a good number of them didn't or couldn't(by law) defend themselves. I mean come on people, its to the point a woman can just call 911 and claim abuse to haul him away (despite what really happened) and WORSE if he calls 911 and claims abuse plenty of times the police haul him away in cuffs then too! I think the most horrific of all is the lack of action on this side of the coin when it comes to the law and society (its either apathy, or at worse its people LAUGHING at it). What the hell happened here!? And only Wolfie mentioned the other forms of abuse there are. And PLENTY of women think thats OKAY! Goodness sake!! Verbal abuse, emotional abuse, social abuse(lying about crimes that a man didn't do, framing and shaming a guy) even physical abuse from women at men is overall condoned in stateside society and by women themselves. Many love to use shaming language at any man willing to question or fight it. (do the cheap phrases "man up", "you wuss" look familiar to you? how about the low insults "wuss", "coward", "busta", "wimp"). All of this is very sickening in my opinion!
@suspenseful (40316)
The only justificable reason is if she is bigger or a martial arts expect and is hitting you with a club, a baseball bat, or something that will cause you physcial harm and if there is no way for you to escape. That is the only reason. You cannot hit her for buying the wrong stuff, for being late for dinner, for wearing clothes the color you hate, for not bowing or prostrating herself before you, for not calling you, Lord and Master and kissing your feet, etc.