I just forked over $320 for a gym membership.

That's right, $320. My membership, which I paid in full, was $190. I also paid for my friends. We had to put $120 down for that one. It will cost $350 for hers in the end. Why is staying fit so expensive?
@Fishmomma (11464)
Good luck and I agree its costly to visit the gym. The only time its not costly is in college, as my daughter pays $20.00 a term. I hope you are successful in your fitness plan.
ha. I'm in college. I could go to the gym at the college for free, but the college is 30 minutes away and I only have class 2 days a week. Not real convenient. I get a discount for my work, I should be happy with that, huh.
It sucks!! If you go to discoveryhealth.com though, you can get an 8 week free package to bally total fitness!! 8 weeks isnt forever, but at least it's something right?! :) also, you could find ways to work out at home that are just as effective
That might help if I didn't live in rural america. There isn't a bally total fitness anywhere near me. I have a treadmill at home. Don't use it now.
@ajithlal (14563)
I think now a days gyms are very expensive. I would suggest you to take gym for a month and then some aerobic exercise or cycling or walking for a month and alternate every month. This will save your money as well as keep you fit. I think cycling is one of the best exercise one can have. Walking is also good for health. I also would suggest to add lots of fruits and fruit salads in the diet.
Too late. I already paid. And I have a treadmill and gazelle here at the house. They don't get used as much as I should be using them. Hopefully by getting my butt to the gym I will be motivated more.
@pastorkayte (2255)
Because being unhealthy is more expensive, it will cost you your mobility, your ability to work, time you could be spending with your children, and most of all and this is the biggest, it could cost you your life.