My Coffee Jug Smashed To Peices

@maddysmommy (16236)
I was cleaning up the kitchen and house today and was trying to move my small coffee pot/maker from one side to the other. I had not realised that I did not have full control of the glass pot and it fell out and smashed to peices. I was livid!!! I had not had my coffee fix for the day and I was fuming LOL I didn't have any instant coffee so I was left with no coffee maker and no coffee for the day. I ended up with a headache and took a nap to sleep it off. That didn't work so I waited for my husband to get home, before we took a ride to CVS and starbucks for a coffee treat - that took care of it!! I'll have to look for a new one when I get back :(
@vanities (11376)
• Davao, Philippines
you are really used in drinking coffee!!! is there any palpitations in your heart or do you feel one?? how often do you drink in one day? i seldom drink coffee although sipping one ( when i do drink its decaf)
@maddysmommy (16236)
I'm a coffee addict vanities LOL I need my fix every morning and if I don't I get very grumpy and then end up with a headache.
@webeishere (36353)
I alwqays have instant coffe for situations just like this. I am a caffiene addict. No coffee then I need a Mountain Dew. HAHAHAHA!!! I hope you got your fix in today as well. Even tea works at times. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@maddysmommy (16236)
Me too i'm a coffee addict as well. I am going to make sure I always have some instant on hand for days like this one.
@patgalca (14402)
• Orangeville, Ontario
We have a ceramic kitchen sink. I was having a writing group workshop at my house and one of my members was making the coffee. He smashed my coffee pot against the sink. We only have the coffee maker for guests as neither my husband or I drink coffee, but I went to a couple of local thrift stores and they had quite a few coffee maker pots for sale for .25c a piece. I bought a couple of them because I didn't know which one would fit in my machine. The extra I bring to group meetings to make tea. So as long as your coffee maker is working, don't go buy a new one. You should be able to find a pot somewhere for sale in a thrift store or garage sale.
@maddysmommy (16236)
Great idea. There is a thrift store up the road that I'll check out. That's where we bought our toaster for 99c haha! I'll check and see if they have any. I bought our cheap small one fr Linen and things - as on sale for 14.99 or something like that.
@TerryZ (22083)
Dont you just hate when that happens! Im sorry your coffee pot is broke. But at least you got your fix!LOL Have fun buying a new one!LOL
@maddysmommy (16236)
I was angry because I was in desperate need of one after all that cleaning I did too hahaha.. I'm most definitely a coffee addict!
@squaretile (3833)
oh dear, that's sad. i hope it was not too expensive. are you able to get a replacement easily? otherwise you will have to buy a new machine just cos the glass pot is spoilt? i don't drink coffee regularly cos I don't like to be dependent on it. But i know friends who can't start the day without their cuppa!
@maddysmommy (16236)
My coffee machine is a cheap one I bought from Linen and Things for $14.99 or thereabouts. I've had it as long as we have been in the USA (almost two years) so its ok. One of the other mylottians suggested I check out the thrift store and see if I can find another one. If not then I'll go and buy another cheap one AND some instant coffee too :)
@mummymo (23707)
Nothing worse than wanting - or rather needing something and not being able to have it! Glad you got your caffeine in the end, it isn't easy to come off of your caffeine , I have tried and ended up with those headaches and they are dire! xxx
@maddysmommy (16236)
I haven't found another coffee pot yet but decided to just buy some instant have use that instead. I think i spoil myself too much when it comes to coffee so i think im going to settle with instant and not bother about brewing my own coffee (mind you i do miss the smell and taste LOL)
@mummymo (23707)
I love fresh brewed coffee too honey but I usually stick to instant or I would be drinking so much coffee I would shake, specially since I am the only one in my house who drinks it! xxxx
@ltmoon (1008)
That's a big OUCH!!! Remember - always make a pot and have a cup of coffee before starting to clean!!! Sorry you lost your coffee pot, but WallyWorld will fix you up with a new coffee maker for less than twenty bucks!
@maddysmommy (16236)
haha ill remember that next time LOL
i know just how you feel! im really bad at breaking the darn carafe or jug or whatever the things are called! and invariably i would have an oddly shaped one and not be able to find a replacement jug that would fit my coffeemaker. which of course means that i was always having to buy a whole new one! i broke them at least 3 times a year!! now admittedly a coffeemaker isnt overly expensive (unless you like em extra fancy) but still! thats just money wasted right! i found a solution though. it did cost me almost $70 BUT i cant break it (unless i really really bash it over and over on purpose) i got a stainless steel perculator! lol old fashioned true, but hey it works and ive had it over a year now and not broken anything!
@maddysmommy (16236)
My coffee pot/maker was cheap and only cost me about $14.99 or thereabouts. Not sure if I want to invest in one that cost that much but i'll look around for another. Thanks for your response!