For all of you dr. Pepper drinkers out there

If you are a tried and true Pepper. Can you tell the difference in the taste of Dr. Pepper and Mr. Pipp? What about the store brand sodas like Walmart's Dr. Thunder. I can pick out a true Dr. Pepper blindfolded. My children have tried it before. I will accept no imitation! It irritates the snot out of me when people tell me it's the same thing because It's not people!
@caver1 (1765)
Yes I can tell the difference. But I must admit that for the sake of my pocketbook I buy the Walmart Dr Thunder and diet Dr Thunder. No it is not the same thing, but it is acceptable as a soda as long as your not trying to pass it off as Dr. Pepper. My daughter love Dr. Pepper but will accept Mr. Pipp as a substitute. I've never cared for Mr. Pibb.
I'm ok with many of the walmart brands. Actually, I prefer Diet Mtn Lightning to regular or diet mountain dew. I just do not care for the off brands of Dr. Pepper. My daughter tells me it's in my head, and perhaps she's right. I'm trying to wean myself off of Dr. Pepper and go strictly to diet mountain Lightening or diet sprite.
@caver1 (1765)
I'm glad they came out with the diet Mtn. Lightning. My hubby was drinking the regular stuff and getting way too much sugar. He's getting the diet now, so at least it is cutting down on his calories.
Yeah, I'm trying to wean my daughter off the regular stuff as well. I just wish I knew if the diet Mt. Lightening had as much caffiene in it as regular mountain dew does. But at least we're working on the less sugar!
@kel1483 (986)
I'm a Dr. Pepper addict. hehe. I can tell the difference between Dr. Pepper and any of the copy brands. I don't like Dr. Thunder at all. It's so gross. I do like the taste of Mr. Pibb, but it doesn't taste like Dr. Pepper.
Wow friend, I can't tell you how sorry I am that I missed your discussion post somehow. There were three on this discussion from more than a year ago, and just flat missed them! I hope you'll forgive me. Now, on to your actual discussion response! I believe that you and I are kindred spirits! I can honestly admit that I'm a dr. Pepper addict. I'm trying to quit drinking quite so much DP, but the one thing that I've found that I like is the knock off of diet mtn. dew from walmart. (*diet mountain Lightening). To me, it tastes better than the original dew.
@kel1483 (986)
I've tried to cut down on Dr Pepper, but I never seem to last very long with it. I am hooked lol. Thank you for responding. It's ok that you didn't get to it originally. I probably miss a lot of responses in discussions I start, too.
I'm trying to wean myself off of regular sodas and just do the diet ones. The problem has been that I don't care for the taste of drinks with nutra sweet. Then last week at school, I accidently got a diet mountain dew out of the machine and discovered that it wasn't so bad after all. So I'm giving up DP in favor of Diet Mtn. dew or better yet, diet mountain lightening.
No it is not the same. There is always some difference in taste. I can also tell the difference without seeing the can.
That's funny. Most people will tell you that Mr.Pibb tastes just like Dr.Pepper but there is no comparision.
I know. I hate when a waitress will say "Mr. Pibb is ok right?" NO! Bring me a coke, sweet tea or water. It frustrates me to no end when they try to pass off the imitation! My mother drinks this nasty mess from Walmart called Dr. Thunder. ugh. It's worse than Mr. Pibb to me.
@suspenseful (40316)
I am a tried and true Pepper drinker, but I have not tasted Mr. Pipp nor have I tasted the Walmart Dr. Thunder. So unless I do have them, I cannot make a comparison. I do know, however, that often the good brands taste much better then imitations. I think it is because they add something that they do not to the imitation brands.
i agree with you. sometimes the store brands are just as good as the brand names. But for most of the sodas this isn't the case. Rootbeer is a different story, and there are some of the fruit flavored sodas that are pretty good.
@ElicBxn (60894)
I'm a DDP fan. I have had people ask "You mean its not a cola?" I can assure you that Dr Pepper is NOT a cola. I am allergic to cola & if I drank a FRACTION of what I drink of DDP as cola, I would be in deep do-do. I don't like the store brands & because Dr. Pepper is bottled by Coke here in the Austin area (since they bought the Dr. Pepper bottle facility back in the 1970's) they don't sell Pibb here. I'll drink Pibb, but its hard to find diet so I vastly prefer my DDP.
they've come out with this Pibb extra or something dumb like that here. It's supposed to be even closer to Dr. Pepper. I still think it tastes bad. It is just trie what they say in the commercial. There is no substitute for the real thing. Of course that was a coke commercial...but it is true with pepper too!
@Wario_1 (969)
• Sweden
Its true that its not the same thing, Walmart would not be allowed to make a exact same softdrink as Dr. Pepper and just changing the name. How Mr. pimp abd Dr. Thunder tastes i can't tell because they haven't been released in Sweden. I guess i can taste the difference of the 3 of them, since they can't have the exact ingredience there's got to exist a difference.
@terri0824 (4991)
I like Dr. Pepper, but I can't say that I could pass a taste test blind folded. Though I can tell a big difference between Pepsi and Coke. I prefer Coke over Pepsi any day! Though the drink of choice lately has been vault!
I have tried that a couple of times and just don't care for the taste. My son and his friends love it. I am not a big fan of white or yellow drinks. I can't stand sprite and 7up. I can tolerate a mountain dew or mellow yellow...if there is nothing else. LOL