My US visa was granted...took a lot of faith and prayers...

It was not easy getting a US visa. Many people "pad" their savings, just so they would appear that they have a lot of money. Or they would have documents to testify that they own such things. It's sad to say but I have heard of many falsifying documents just so they could get a US visa. But I didn't want to do it. Although a friend of mine was suggesting dishonest means, I just kept quiet and went along doing what's supposed to be done. I was armed only with my credentials, my published works, and such. I did bring my saving account, which my friend said, could not even afford a round trip plane ticket to the United States. And of course, I had with me the presence of God. I prayed really hard. I was really nervous on the day of my interview. When the counters of the consuls were opened, I asked God to lead me to the consul who looked liked a good guy, as others looked mean to me. And He did. And then I asked God to get the consul to ask me only 1 question, as more questions might give my nervousness away. The consul just looked over my magazines and after 10 minutes of waiting with bated breath, he announced. "Wow! This is interesting! Your visa has been approved!" waving my passport in the air. I was ecstatic. And needless to say, I went to America shortly after that. What I did there is another story. Anyway, the point of this story is, even in the hardest of things, even the most impossible ones, God will see us through as long as we are doing God's will. I did not engage in dishonest means to go to America, but God allowed me to do so. I'm not a good person. I just have a good God.:-)
thats fantastic! and congratulations! also, i applaude you for doing it the lawful, right and fair way! im sure you are a valuable asset to our country. you say that "I'm not a good person. I just have a good God." but that is cutting yourself short, you may indeed have a good god, but by NOT "cheating" proves that YOU are a good person!
thank you for your kind words cinder. :-) God bless you dear! :-)
@AD11RGUY (1268)
Very cool story! Thank you for sharing it! I am glad to know you had a trouble free experience getting your visa.