The Ice Man from the 1940's

@webeishere (36353)
Okay I was raised a Catholic and went to Catholic School for nearly 8 years. The Mother Superior knew that at the time my dad worked for General Motors. One day, in I think the 5th grade or so, she had asked me where I got my beautiful brown eyes. I of course told her "from the ice man because he is my daddy." Well she was stunned & called my parents that evening to discuss this unorthadox statement. Now here's the explanation. My dad as a child and young adult actually deleivered ice blocks to the old time boxes when he first met my mom. I knew this and therefore I said from the ice man. Now we, including Mother Superior had a good laugh over this funny yet true statement. One can't always take litterally what they hear at times. So have you ever said anything embarrassing like this to someone in an authorative position? HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@byfaithonly (10716)
I never did anything like this but I lived with my natural mother the first 6 years of my life, during that time I saw my father maybe once or twice a year. Also during that time I remember my mother and aunts saying that I had my father's nose. I was always trying to figure out if I had his nose did that mean he had my nose and thinking how funny he must look (he was a big man) with my little nose on his face.... Of course later I learned what they ment - my nose is shaped exactly like my fathers (sky slope and all) but in proportion to our respective sizes.
@webeishere (36353)
Now thats cute and funny. So can I call you "nosey" from now on then? HAHAHAHA!! Thanks for sharing it here with us. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@byfaithonly (10716)
Oh go for it, it certainly wouldn't be the first time although my favorite is 'Ski Slope' which my favorite uncle has called me since I was 8 or 9 and didn't have any idea what a ski slope was :) I also am quick to point out that I do have a half-brother who's nose is longer than mine :) We do both carry them well though :)
@anniepa (27238)
Well, look at it this way - at least you didn't say from the milkman! Of course, that probably would have had about the same result as saying the ice man. My grandson told his teacher in kindergarten his mom never fed him anything but corn. The truth was he refused to eat most anything but corn! Annie
@webeishere (36353)
HAHAHAHA! Loved this one also. We actually had milk delivered in the glass refillable bottles at this time as well. God now the memories are flooding my brain. HAHAHA! HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
I haven't ever said anything like that to anyone in an authorative position. I do always want to say something to my husband's side of the family though. They always talk about how my son looks just like his daddy and I always want to say how do you know, you've never met his daddy. LOL They would laugh if I said that though because they know that my husband is his daddy. But I think my son looks like me and my husband so I get tired of hearing oh he looks just like his daddy.
@meljessxena (2317)
oh thats cute you saying that, but when you think about it, you were being honest. i read in one of your responders post luckily you didnt say something like the milkman, i have to agree i have heard this like as a joke before so if i heard it, id just consider like you overhearing someone saying that. the only thing i ever remember saying that was embarasing, is i was playing trivia games i was probably about 8yrs old or so and the question was something like whats used in most sports expect swimming and i said "a heater" but the answer actually shoes. and everyone heard me as i basically yelled it out across the room and they all laughed and they have never let me live it down.
No, not exactly. I had a husband with dark hair and hazel eyes. His skin was not pale. Behold, our son has blond hair, blue eyes, and skin so fair that he burned walking across the back yard. People always looked at me, also dark hair, hazel eyes, freckles, and asked where we got his blond hair. I tried to explain that within both of our families there were people with the blond hair and blue eyes. They did not want to hear it. I got to where I just told them I had oredered them at Sears Roebuck.