I am

Singapore
Dreams of Dreams, different, entwined Of pasted illusions I cannot remember Of paths before yet to be revealed I dance upon shifting sands, releasing, becoming A fool on a path of fools, seeking, stirring The promise of something great, I yet to comprehend Something I once was and will be A truth shining through illusions of reality Sometimes I remember and hence divine Sometimes I forget and hence alone But for now, between two breaths I sense, I feel, I am
@lecanis (16739)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Beautiful. :) I like how you talk about being a fool on a path of fools... it reminds me to see myself that way as well, instead of always trying to be Ms-Know-It-All. :P
I have to own up to something lecanis... this poem was originally started as a response to your thread "Break on through to the other side" but it grew a life of its own and totally out of context. In the end I had to post it as a separate thread. I'm glad you found it anyways! :E (So now I own you a poem...)
@lecanis (16739)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
*smiles* I feel special to have inspired this in some way then. The lovely thing is that seeing your poem here inspires me to write and post more poetry on mylot, so it's just one big circle. :)
I would really like to see more poetry here, kinda miss having a place to rant poetry and exchange constructive comments. Should we start something?
@gkurt08 (233)
Wow! This is beautiful. This rally talks about religion. "Stirring the promise of something great, I yet to comprehend" really tells it all. How we Christians believe in God's promise of salvation is like "dancing upon shifting sands". But however absurd atheists might think of us, there is still a possibility that all these things religion teaches is "a truth shining through illusions of reality". And by that slight chance, we have faith. Very beautiful indeed.
Thank you gkurt08! I'm glad you liked it :)
@novataylor (6572)
Scamm, I love this poem! It made me smile. It made me wonder. It made me a little jealous........(poignant smile) It's really lovely. I read where you said what had inspired you and I too would have been honored to have a part in that poems' conception. Wherever it started, you brought up something from deep within you and I so love that it seems and feels so positive and optimistic and life-loving. Thank you for it. Way to go. Go for it. Run with it. Write, write, right!
Thank you novataylor! I'm so glad you liked it, but now I'm a little stressed out coz I'll have to match this the next time I write LOL! Thank you so much for the encouragement, I WILL run with it! :)