Holiday Decorations ???

@irishmist (3843)
This really bugs me to no end. People who leave decorations up way past the holiday. Especially Christmas decorations. Not only do they leave them up, they light them up every night. Can anybody tell me why? And does this holiday decoration thing bug anyone else?
@pyewacket (43962)
Ooops are you talking about me? LOL I have to confess I still have my decorations up. I did take all the decorations down from the door a few days ago, but I still have all my other decorations, including my tree up. I can't believe how still fresh my live tree is...usually about two weeks after I've gotten my tree it is already starting to "fossilize"...LOL...I've had my tree for a month now and it's still as fresh as the day it was delivered to me...I took photos of it the other day and want to take more...you see this is a special "love" tree...when I did that discussion before Christmas "Have You Ever Really Wanted Something....And..." I pointed out that it was looking that this would have been the first year ever without a tree..so a bunch of MyLot conspirators banded together and got me the tree..I know who one instigator involved in getting me the tree but not the rest..that's why I call it the "love" tree as it was given to me out of love...and who knows...maybe that is why it's staying so fresh still. But even in years past, I never seemed to take the decorations down before the 16th of January...Just one of my quirks. :)
@irishmist (3843)
No lol I did'nt mean you :). I ment people who have the whole mega light show thing going on, and the huge blow up Santa and snowman display going on. I can understand wanting to leave ones tree up longer. As it is beautiful to look at.
@pyewacket (43962)
Well thankfully in my neighborhood since it's a mainly urban area with apartment buildings there aren't any opportunities for people to have a outdoor light show like that...I guess that would be weird though..does it happen a lot in your area??
@irishmist (3843)
Yup people just don't know when to shut them off.
No, it doesn't bug me. I think it is kind of silly, but it doesn't bother me. I know some families leave the decorations up until a loved one comes home from war/military duties and celebrate at that time if they are going to be late for the Holiday. The others, well, I just laugh and think of them as not wanting to give it up..lol I have a neighbor that was putting up Christmas decorations the day after Halloween. Now THAT bugs me. Talk about rushing the season!
@irishmist (3843)
Oh yes I agree completley if you are waiting for someone to come home from the military. My god putting up decorations the day after Halloween. What the heak happened to thanksgiving?
LOL..yep, I know. The day after Halloween, you look outside and there sits a huge blow-up snowman, a spiral lit tree and lights a twinkling all along the front porch roof. LOL Big picture window, curtains open..yep..there's the huge tree all lit and blink, blink, blinking..lol I just have to roll my eyes and laugh. My "little" pre-lit tree goes up the week before Christmas and comes down a few days afterwards..lol I like the lights, too..but Christmas is not supposed to be an all winter event! Well, actually, winter doesn't even start until December 21st!
@razcal2267 (15577)
I wish I had an answer for you but I don't. I live with someone who leaves decorations out way after they should be. Last year I was fed up that it was the end of January and she not only still had many decorations around the house but still had the lights on the outside. I took them all down and put them away. She came home and was very upset with me, wanting to know why I took the lights down and moved her things. I told her that I was just trying to help because she had not been around. Yes, it was a huge lie but I just did not want to hear her blabbing anymore.
@irishmist (3843)
Lol I hear ya, sometimes ya just gotta do it yourself. I had my decorations down 3 days after Christmas. And at my job I took them down 2 days after News Years.
@Grandmaof2 (7604)
I agree with you. This is mid January and Christmas is over for everyone. Time to put the decorations away till next season. Happy New Year To All!!!
@irishmist (3843)
Tis is so true. I'm sure most people will leave them up till febuary. I've seen it before.
It doesn't really bug me but I have a friend who keeps his Christmas decorations all year round! I went to his house a week ago and I noticed that some of the Christmas cards displayed on his shelf are dated 1999!!
@irishmist (3843)
Oh my goodness 1999!. It can't be very festive at christmas time if you have your decorations up all year long.
@rockvixen (895)
OMG! I thought I was the only one who felt this way. Yes, it's annyoing, I live near a neighborhood where at least 4 of the homes keep the lights up until April and at least one leaves them on all year! Sure decorations are nice, but enough is enough when it's past the time to have them up. I wish I could tell those people how I felt, but I'd rather just let them be.
@irishmist (3843)
I hear ya. I could understand if it's to cold to take some of the decorations down, but you don't need to have them lit lol.
My friend leaves here christmas lights up all the time she loves them. She changes some of them per the season. I do not know how she pays for the electricity. I have taken down my christmas decorations yesterday. My christmas tree is fake and in a room we do not use much so our of site out of mind. Yesterday was the day to take it down and put it back in its box.