Scam emails about E gold

@LittleMel (14055)
If you have E Gold account don't reply to these emails. They said your account is disabled so you will have to reply with your account number and password to enable it. I hope you didn't fall into this trap. I don't have Egold account so I have no idea why they sent me the emails too, but I guess it's a worldwide scam, they sent the emails to all email addresses they could find.
@chrislotz (8203)
For sure it is a scam. Don't ever give this kind of information to anyone. I got one that said I needed to download an automatic payout with paypal, from one of the sites I work. Actually I got about 20 emails about each site I was a member with, except mylot.I never believed it for some reason and it's a good thing I didn't do it because it was a scam and a virus. I don't have an E Gold account and I really don't know how they even work. Are they just like a paypal account where you can cash it out into your offline bank?
@LittleMel (14055)
I think it's like paypal. I don't remember having account there but most sites now said they pay e gold so they must be something like paypal
There is tons of these "phishers" online these days. It's become the next big thing. I compare it to those ed-Mc.Man letters we used to get in the mail about how you won this money, just send us more first so that you can get the difference... hahaha. I think that it's unfortunate about these mails though because there is some people that fall into these traps and lose a lot of money because of it. Especially with e-gold because once money is spent from your account there is no way to charge it back like on paypal. So always be careful about what you believe and know that the major sites NEVER ask for your information because they already have it.
@LittleMel (14055)
I don't even know that e gold doesn't have charge back option. what if the account is hacked? then there is no way of getting the money back