What are yours?

By Raz
@razcal2267 (15577)
We all have typos that just become habit for us. Mine are leaving the l out of words like could, should and wold. The other word that I seem to mess up more times then not is the word that. The last t ends up attached to the next word. What are your habit or subconscious typos?
@wolfie34 (26877)
I think I am somewhat dyslexic at times, even though I am a touch typist I do get words wrong, so I have to go and correct them, I am quite pedantic at words and I have a keen eye for picking up typos in mine and other's which can be annoying, so I have to hold back, even in some really important letters and emails and even on sites I see glaring typos which shouldn't be there! I see you have a problem with wold LOL should be would, so you're right there! I always have a problem with apostrophe's where they should go when there is an s on the end of the word i.e Stevens' Book or Steven's Book! I just never understood the rule when it came to apostrophe's!
@razcal2267 (15577)
I warned you I had an issue with that word. =P Wolfie the spell checker-got it
My eyes tend to pick up typos also. I guess it's my work background and natural affinity for detail. Since you seem open to assistance with apostrophes, others is not an other's and here's where English is crazy. If you said It's another's post you'd be correct. Others' posts would also be correct. How many Stevens are you referring to? If it's one Steven, it's Steven's book. Strunk & White would say that if the last name of the person is Stevens, you'd say it's Stevens's book. The word apostrophes is just plural, not possessive, so don't use an apostrophe.
@wolfie34 (26877)
Thank you for my lesson teacher! lol, seriously much appreciated, I will try to remember that for future.
@Lakota12 (42794)
my the comes out teh alot of times I think my brain is working faster thatn fingers lol and sometimes I leave out letters for I dont hit keys hard enough and other time letters are added in for my fingers hit 2 keys at once!
@razcal2267 (15577)
Had to prove your point huh? *giggles*
@Lakota12 (42794)
yup lol
@whyaskq (7553)
I do have the same issue at times where the last character ended up attached to the next word or the upper and lower case got mixed up. More often it is a interchange of characters eg the becomes teh; change becomes chnage, such typos.
@razcal2267 (15577)
I make those also but am better at catching those type.
@zxtzxt (215)
I don;t have any but I see a lot of "then" words substitute for "than" word and vice versa.
I have a friend that, that very mistake nearly sends him into fits of rage when I make that mistake. Thing is its not just in my typing sometimes I will actually say Then instead of Than... Man I have to listen to an English lesson then for the next half hour.
i am satisfide to this comments.
i tend to hit another key when i mean to hit the shift key to capitalize the beginning of a sentence. sometimes i transpose letters like in owuld. i'm deliberately using all lower case letters for this post because i'm feeling lazy. when i notice typos in my posts i go back and correct them.
@johndur (3050)
• Pasig, Philippines
i have lot of typos.most of the time i have problems in mixing up letters and forgot to make a space.well iguess it is considered to be normal because we think of what we will be writing and notice the errors after we have posted our discussioons.
@Ohara_1983 (4122)
• Kuwait
me i usually mess the im & am also most & must he he he he
@musicman6 (2368)
Well mine, I know is in the typing! For instance, right beside the letter L, I seem to accidentally hit the semi-colon, and a lot of times I don't catch it! But actually, all this typing on Mylot, has really helped my typing improve!
@arkaf61 (10891)
LOL I have quite a few. In fact I think that I am probably the Typo Queen hehehehe One of my usual ones is to not be fast enough with the shift key so when I start with a capital letter the second letter is also a capital. I don't think there is a post where I don't have that at least once:) ANother one that happens a lot to me is to somehow write thing for think or change for chance - although this is not exactly a typo, but still it happens a lot when I'm typing :)
@stephcjh (32385)
Mine come from typing way too fast and combining my words or mispelling them because I am not making sure to hit the letter on the keyboard to make sure it types. I can spell and type but get going to dast and leave letters out at random.
@polachicago (19143)
I can make many typo mistakes. Usually whatever close on keyboard...like "wgat is goung on"...and very often...kile instead of like...
@villageanne (8579)
Some days, it seems that every word I type is a typo. Then other days, I can type with no typos. I dont have one that I do typo's on all the time.
I have done some REAL doozies in my time. The most memorable was in a chatroom - 3 of them all within a 5 minute time frame. As soon as this other site member named bigguy came in, I accidentally typed, "Hey there biggut" ... subtle difference there. Then when trying to direct a newbie to the orientation page (sort of like the MyLot guidelines with a different name) I told 'em to "lick the URL." Somehow, I didn't hit the first C key hard enough. Then back to the main room, bigguy had to quickly do something. Someone else came in & asked him a question, & was wondering why he didn't answer. I responded, "Hang in there - he got busty." This particular typo, I have done several times. Another time, I had someone enter the chat area & type, "gu rgwew." I caught that quickly & replied, "Can you move a little bit to the right please?" Several others were laughing at how fast I caught it more than the strange typo itself.
• Marion, Kansas
Right now, I can only think of one, make that two, nope, three. I typed thing instead of think, put an "l" at the end of two instead of a comma, and then the one I was going to mention--typing thatn instead of than. I am sure there are a lot more than that.
@vanities (11351)
• Davao, Philippines
i think for me is the JUST word i often interchange the letter U from S..its due to the wrong placement of my finger in the keyboard..
I don't understand why, but my problem is the word enough. I always want to put a t at the end of the word, although I know there is none that goes there. But I have gotten so good at touch typing, I can sense when I've hit a wrong key more often than not. So I end up correcting it before it goes out to wherever.
Raz more then typos, I am the queen of the run on sentence. I type like I talk and something there are no commas or periods :)) I type fast and to quick on the enter button before I have proof read. But as far as my biggest types it is thier ...instead of their. Or any word were you must place the i before the a as in Christian.
@tiffiny (884)
Alot of the time my words get fused together like the last letter starts the next word. But then I always go back and fix it becuase I can't stand to just keep going. And when I'm on the lap top ugh it's so horrible becuase some times when you type really fast the keyboard won't put double letters like "tt" becuase it thinks that you messed up. So that takes me even longer and is even more irritating.
@carmelanirel (21108)
Mine seem to be similar to yours including, adding an extra "e" in words like sleep.. I am very thankful for backspace, it makes me wonder how in the world people typed years ago on the manual and they typed pretty fast.