What traits do you think helps a person become successful (money-wise)?

At the moment I am reading "The Millionaire Mind," and one of the things it is saying is that the popular beliefs about what makes a person successful and leads them to earning a lot of money are just wrong when you actually start examining the beliefs and behaviors of real millionaires. For instance, good grades are not an indication of whether someone is going to be successful at earning and maintaining a wealthly lifestyle. Not a bad surprise to me; after all, I have been (on average) better off than some of the smartest people of my high school class. Yes, I was at the bottom of my High School class. And when I want to college, I ignored the advice of the admissions advisor, who really thought I should go into business administration because I have spent ten years managing a business. So I am not surprised that a piece of paper may not determine your ability to earn lots of money. Or at least, I am hoping that I am right. So what traits and things do you believe (or know) end up helping people earn a lot of money?
@reinydawn (11649)
I don't think it's good grades. I think most of it is having the drive to do it. There are many opportunities out there for people if they are willing to "WORK" for it. Not many rich people - other than those born into it - got there by sitting back and watching the money roll in. They had to do some kind of work. It wasn't usually the old 9-5 grind either. I've for my "normal" job that pays the bills, but I want a bit more out of life. So, me and my husband are working part-time to get our home business off the ground. We work when we would have normally gone to the movies or out to dinner, or even when we would normally have watched tv. Sometimes I think that old addage "All work and no play..." was to help the poor stay poor. We still "play" but we work harder and things are a bit better for us that way.
@pyewacket (44037)
I'm wondering if this book you're reading delves into any of the Law Of Attraction principles...kind of sounds like it. I grew up in the principle of the LOA but was reintroduced to it due to the book and the DVD of The Secret...basically I think anyone can have a "millionaire" mind by believing in oneself no matter what kind of work one does. I mean you should see my place, I have vision boards all over the place of what I hope or should I say PLAN to achieve in my life...but it's not enough to cut out pictures of all the things one desires in life..the home(s) the car, the luxury lifestyle, something representative of being an acknowledged author or photographer...one DOES have to do something to get from point A to point B to point C, until you've gotten to that place. My targeted goal is to establish a successful on-line photography business..and I have to admit it's taking me a lot longer than anticipated...but I'm still at it...and I think that is another key element...just plain not give up with that targeted dream/goal/achievement--uh, then I'm pretty darn stubborn. Besides The Secret I have been inspired by the books by Julia Cameron...and a book by Barbara Sher called Wishcraft. Both suggest the concept of actually writing out each month in some book or journal "What actions can you take this month to achieve your goal?" That is to sit down and write down "strategies" of what will get you closer to what you want to do or achieve I also think one shouldn't just be one-directional in how to make money--there really are a zillion ways one can find to earn extra money especially on the internet..for instance I just opened up a shop over at CafePress and it uses some of my photo work ..okay, so maybe I might not rake in millions but it could be another avenue for potential income..in other words let the "muses of inspiration" hit you over the head with some new idea of getting more income I think given another good full year I just might start getting things gelling --uh at least hope so...patience hasn't exactly been one of my virtues...LOL...like I said I didn't think it would take as long as it has to set up my photo business..but then I do have a mere 21,049 slides to pour through and scan to digitize...this does take a bit of time..hehe
@twoey68 (13651)
I think the biggest money wise trait is to think carefully when you want to buy something. Ask yourself if you need or want the item. If it's a need, is it the lowest price but still a good quality? If it's a want, is it necessary? Could you do without it? Is there something less expensive that would still do the job? Ppl tend to just grab items and toss them in their cart not bothering to check items out for price and they end up spending too much. Also if ppl could curb their impulse buying that would save them money too. A big problem is ppl living above their means. **AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
@owlwings (39095)
• Cambridge, England
I think that the following are the most important: 1) To have a clear goal and to believe in your ability to achieve it 2) To have single-mindedness and dedication and to be prepared to work hard 3) To think of money in a different way from most people. This one is complicated. Let's just say that most people see money as something earned by working hours and to be spent on the necessaries of life. I believe that millionaires see money as a score in a game (incidentally, they do have enough and to spare to live on but not as much as one might imagine: their life style is different)
@waynet (2650)
The things I know and believe for people to earn a good income is to simply take action on whatever they have found to be their goal in life and make it profitable in some way, after all there is a subniche for any topic or market and this can be exploited online and off. Whether you do well at shcool or not, it is generally believed that once you break free from the confines of a school regime that you do better or worse in whatever path you take, so it is up to the individual as to whether they attain wealth or poverty.