Does anyone know anything about Job corp

My sister is almost done with enrolling my nephew. He is not doing what is needed of him. She is hoping it will prevent him from ending up in prison some day. I would love to hear from some people who know about this from friends and family. Thanks so much
hello, job corp is a place for people to get there life together. I went to the one in san diego and it helped me alot. I went to school and to my vocational. as for as going anywhere if you are a minor you will have to have your parents permission on alot of things. you have to earn your pass to go anywhere and you have to go by there rules. They are very strict and don't take no mess. some kids can't take it because they are told what to do and you have to have the room and everything done the way they tell you. It will teach you structure and help you get your life right. I hope your nephew learn from this and you can learn so much there. You are up early in the moring and have to get dress, have your bed made and whole room clean. make sure your locker is net and clean because if left open they will go in there and make sure to tell him to get everything ready the night before. we had to be out of the room by 7:00 am in the morning. basiclly if you follow the rules you will do fine. its just like a job. you do well in your classes and no tardies and everything else you will get a bonus in your check. you do get paid for it not much but enough. Just tell your nephew to keep his head up and go in there and make something of his self and make your sister proud.
Thanks for the awesome help. I am wondering how you are doing now and if you finished the program. He has done all his paper work and wiating for documents from his mother. Thanks again so much
@Polly1 (12648)
My sister joined Job Corp, it was a good experience for her. She joined after graduating from high school. They have different programs. I think its a good thing. My sister went to another city. She lived there, its basically like going away to college. They too care of her basic needs, food shelter, education etc.
@sbeauty (5870)
I tried and tried to convince my foster son to join Job Corps, but he didn't want to commit to anything, and he lived to regret it. Job Corp is a great option for kids who aren't headed for college but who would like to learn a trade. Not only do they offer educational opportunities, but they also have a long list of trades they will train you for. He was interested in the masonry program. At that time they told us that a trained mason would start at $24 and hour. If he just wouldn't have gone through with the program he'd be doing a lot better right now.
@sedel1027 (17854)
I don't have personal experience but I have heard they do a lot of good things. They help kids get their GED (if they haven't graduated) and teach them skills so that they can get a decent job. If your nephew has graduated HS already, tell her to talk with the local community colleges, many offer programs that teach a skill while the person is working for a company.