Your best friends since grade school and have done so much together

Your finished school and both have great jobs. You both have kids and spouses of your own. One day you realize your in love with your best friend. What is the next step you would take?
First I would, examine my feelings if I am really in love with him or am I just being emotional. But honestly, I do not think I would take the risk if we already have respective families of our own. If I am happy and loved by my kids and my own husband, I do not think I would take the risk. Besides, I would not be ultimately happy if I know I have hurt others for my own self-gratification.
Thanks a lot for choosing my answer as the best response. Cheers!
@SViswan (12072)
I would try to stay far away from my best friend especially if I'm having a good relationship with my spouse. But if I love my husband, I wouldn't realize that I love my best friend. It usually happens that you try to understand yourself when something's not right in a marriage. Well, if that's the case, I'll probably talk to my best friend about it and make sure it's not just something that will pass. But honestly, if I really love my husband and family, I would try to stay away from temptation.