What would you do if your father told you boyfriend to dump you?

Some fathers feel they have to be the chooser of their daughter's future man. If this man does not make enough money,or he is not the right race. What would this cause you to do? I think the man should be able to prove himself to the woman. it's not always good to let money be the deciding factor.
@SViswan (12095)
My dad would never tell me to dump a boyfriend...but he has his ways of getting around it without letting me know. But if he ever told me to my face that I need to dump a guy because of his race or money...then that would make me stubborn and I'd probably date him just to get back at dad (not a very good idea ...I know...but I'm being honest).
@magnet (2089)
I guess it would depend on my age. If I were an adult I would hope that we would have had a relationship where he could talk to me instead of him about why he does not approve of the relationship. Now as an adult I would think that he should be able to trust my judgement in men. I would be upset as a teen but I've had relationships that my parents did not approve of when I was younger and I did not get it, but now I get it. They were just looking out for me. Money was never an issue when it came to relationships.
yeah i know that and if im there in that situation i will be get hurt coz i dont have my own freedom to choose who i want to be my boyfriend or husband.
@adnanezzi (243)
hi there i fully agree with u in this regard that man should be prove himself to the women who is the better judge for that then the daughter's father. i personally think that marriage is more then race or money it is a union of souls