When visiting someones home and offered something to drink

Do you mind if they give it to you in plastic or glass? I was just looking at my glasses. I have no space for anything in this tight hole. But I do have my collectors glasses on top of the tall cabinets. I have my Bailey's,Campbell's,Mc donalds,etc. I had to take one down and wash it good to give to my friend. She said you did not have to do that. You had a cup in the drain. LOL I wish I had known that plastic was fine. I don't drink out of plastic in anyones home. So Out of respect for that i gave her a glass. My mother can't drink from plastic at all. Unless it's a toss away cup.
@Estina54 (391)
I drink mostly out of platic cups when I have a quick drink outside, when somebody comes over I use disposable cups, and I am used to get drinks in plastic or other disposable cups at work, during a business party. I don't formalize and I think that glass cups are pretty but not hygienic.
It has to be a glass for me too.
I also prefer to drink in glass when visiting other home. I feel that its cleaner. I only use disposable plastic cups when attending parties. Most people would like to use glass over plastic.
It doesn't matter to me what I drink out of. If it is clean, then I can drink out of it.
@lilybug (21183)
I really do not care if I get a glass glass or a plastic cup. I usually drink out of plastic at home, so it is not a big deal for me. Having 2 kids in the house you get used to drinking out of plastic.
I does noit matter if it's plastic or a glass. What mattters is that if it's clean enough and the water/juice in there is also clean; I had this experince that the water served in a restaurant has some "crytals" in it; they were not hygeinic and well cleaned.
@dandan07 (1908)
I do not mind what I am using to have the drink, for I think it is a clear way to have a drink. But if I can have some choice, I will try to use paper cup to have the drink, for the paper can be recycled, while plastic ones are not good to the environment.
@chrissieatu (1033)
I do not have a preference for that as long as it's clean. But of course, glass is said to be better for our health. At least it doesn't have that smell of a plastic cup. Now we serve our guests with the toss away plastic cup. We think it's more convenient because we don't have that much glass cups at home. Besides, it's better for the guests too because no one else have ever used that cup and will use it again.
@twoey68 (13662)
It doesn't matter too much to me whether it's glass or plastic as long as it's good and clean. I can't stand when someone gives you a drink and the glass is filthy. **AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
@kiran1978 (4139)
I don't mind drinking from plastic cups at all, it is fine. I would just be happy to be offered drink. Don't stress too much I am sure most people would not mind having plastic cups for drinking.
@dlphnrdr (106)
it really doesnt matter to me as long as the glass is clean and its something i can drink
@blackbriar (9126)
Doesn't matter to me if the glass is plastic or glass long as it's clean. I don't have any real glasses, just plastic ones, so if someone turns their nose up when I offer a drink in a plastic glass, I'll tell them to take their 'snout' somewhere else.
@chrislotz (8209)
I don't have this problem because I don't have any plastic cups or glasses in my house. I hate them so I wouldn't serve my company with one either. The reason I hate them is if I put something hot in one I can taste the plastic. I have never been offered a drink in a plastic cup at anybody elses house either. I don't think it's bad to offer a plastic cup I just don't think I want to use one. If I was offered a drink in plastic I would ask if I could have a real glass or cup because I would explain nicely that I can taste the plastic and I prefer not to use them.
@anup12 (4183)
Yes I also prefer glass. I find it irritating to take it in a plastic cup as it normally will be very un-easy to hold upon it and also it's strength is very low.
@xavi221 (38)
i do not care about whether i drink out of glass or plastic.but most home i used to visit offered me drinks out of plastic.maybe it is cleaner and easy to handle.
@MGjhaud (19456)
No, I don’t. What’s available is okay but as long as it’s clean I’ll offer it to them. it doesn’t really matter if it’s the cheapest looking glass ever not unless he/she is the richest person in the world. Normally, I go for what I have only, not overdoing my hospitality because in my country that’s one of my fellow countrymen is wrong in entertaining friends at home – they’re overdoing it.
I don't care as long as I get what I want. I get served, more often than not, in plastic sippy cups because all my friends have kids and they seem to buy stock in sippy cups. Do I mind? No. If I did, I would get up and fix it myself. If anyone minds how you serve drinks, they are more than welcome to fix it themselves. I tell everyone who enters my home, "First time you're a guest and will be treated as much, Second time, you're on your own." Meaning I'll cater to them the first time they come in, but the 2nd time and beyond, they can get what they want themselves. I'm not their maid.
@arkaf61 (10891)
I honestly don't care. What I want is the drink - water, juice, whatever - the container doesn't bother me at all unless it's not clean. That said I think I have any plastic cups at home at all - or anything plastic except for food containers to put leftover in the fridge :). SO anyone coming into my house will be served a drink in a glass.
@berting600 (3461)
It is okey with me even if it is put in a plastic mug.It is really a bad gesture, if you put the drinks in a plastic mug for your visitors, but some types of plastic mugs are presen- table, wither for self usage or for the visitors, like some brand names.I will not elaborate the name of the brand because it is not compulsory. Roberto D. Tan
@drannhh (14898)
I would prefer a glass, thank you, unless it is a fresh disposable cup, not one that somebody washed out to use again. So I am a bit like your mom! When taking plastic and glass utensils out of the dishwasher, I've noticed that the plastic ones are more likely not to have washed clean and with the glass I have more assurance that they are sanitary, plus you can see the gunk more easily. I don't like to eat with plastic forks or spoons either or from paper or plastic plates.