Do you spit on the street?

@LittleMel (14055)
My husband did this several times, even worse he was driving and a few times the road was busy. Then one day we went to hardware store, we got out and found someone spit on his window. The parking lot was full when we came but the only car window got spit was his. He was upset and bought some liquid to clean it up. I told him the parking lot was full, so it could be someone in the past angry with him spitting around and did the same to his window. There are nicer or worse cars than ours and none of them got spit on. He said it could be someone I have an affair with. I told him I'm not having an affair with another spiter, I already married one. Do you spit on the street? has someone ever spit back on you or your car?
@bunmi2501 (467)
• Nigeria
No i dont spit on the street. But he really have a bad habit there, of course he shouldnt be angry becos he must have done it to somebody else himself unknownly. So what goes around comes around. Ha ha ha
@LittleMel (14055)
that's what I thought. it was the very fist time happened to him ever. he said it was someone who didn't know where to spit oh really good way to describe himself
Spitting is a nasty habit. I hate when I watch a baseball game and I see all the players spitting. I have never spit on anything, and I've never had anyone spit on my car. That would upset me if someone had done something like that to my vehicle. How gross.
@LittleMel (14055)
eeww do people do that while watching games too?
@LittleMel (14055)
oh yes I see that too. just movies, not really the game itself. but they don't spit on others, do they? because that would cause a fight
@Grandmaof2 (7603)
OMG LittleMel you're as witty as I am. You have given me my first laugh of the day and in case you don't know that's important to me because some days I barely get to smile. I so love your answer about not having an affair, I'm still laughing. Keep up the good work girlfriend hehehe
Oh I guess I better answer the question, No I do not spit in or on anything other than a kleenex when I have to.
@LittleMel (14055)
:) he always says ridiculous things like that
@polachicago (19073)
I don't spit and I am lucky to to have spiters around my house and my car. It is such bad habit, maybe people can learn to do it in their own bathroom....
@LittleMel (14055)
I should get a can or something in the car. he is not spitting all the time, he just does it whenever he is driving and have something in his throat.
Whenever I want spit on street, i'll receive it with a paper and throw it to the trashcan,but your husband should stop doing so,becos you don't know the spit can fly to where with the wind.
@pyewacket (44036)
If I suddenly feel the need to spit will on the street I grab a tissue and spit into it..only once or twice when I didn't have a tissue handy did I spit on the sidewalk...but I do find it a disgusting habit that all too many people in my neighborhood have....and gee, they wonder why people get sick....this isn't related to spitting....but just as disgusting...many people here will blow their nose on the street...instead of using a tissue just blow their nose out and it goes on the street...and the other day I went down to get the mail..a delivery guy with food came in for one of my neighbors...he and I both went inside the building...so he's going up the stairs before me...and the whole time he's blowing his nose while going up...getting his cruddy snot all over the place....ewwwwwww
@LittleMel (14055)
and he delivered food? he could get the snot on the bad where he keeps the food
@Estina54 (389)
Spitting is a bad habit and typical in men. No matter how nice the person is, I don't like to go out with somebody who spits around.
@LittleMel (14055)
I love my husband but I don't want him to take a habit outside while it can be dangerous for himself. we never know if some people think spitting is serious they may try to hurt him more than just spitting on his car
@dta_kitty (192)
No I don't.Never in a busy or crowded place at least.It definitely grosses people out.Doen't feel like a good mannerism.
@LittleMel (14055)
in a busy street you never know where your spit will land what if it lands on some little kids opening the window?
@lkbooi (16101)
Definitely NO, LittleMel, I don’t have such disgusting bad habit of spitting on the street. Spitting in the public is very impolite and unhygienic and shouldn’t be encouraged to do so. Once I visited a foreign country where spiting seemed to be quite common there. They even spitted right in front of other people even in public vehicles, like buses and trains. Just imagine what impression this would give to the tourists there.
@LittleMel (14055)
even in my homeland they don't spit on busy street or else someone will either punch them or they can get killed because spit is insult to them. they would rather get into fight rather than spitting
No, I won't spit on the street. It is not possible for me to do so. It is just so ugly and impolite. When I cough and I have to spit, I will spit on a tissue and then put into the trashcan. If I don't have the tissue at that time, I prefer to swallow it.
@LittleMel (14055)
I have tissue in the car but I think I should get a can instead, easier to grab while he is driving
I like that phrase that you told your hubby. I don't spit on the streets, especially I live in a very crowded city and it would lead to poor hygiene and spread of germs. I don't spit unless I got a cold and something stuff my throat, but then I would spit on a tissue and put it in the trash bin. No one has ever spit on me (I don't have a car), but if someone dare to spit on me, I don't think he would get away from the trouble he caused so easily. Sorry for your car though!
@LittleMel (14055)
it isn't my car, but if it happens to me and I never ever spit on anyone or anywhere aside from trash bin, I will find the person and spit on him or her back or pull their tongue out
@Piolaria (26)
I never spit on the street!! I think it's gross. My boyfriend always does. Sometimes he opens the car door while we're stopped at a red light and spits on the road. I get very upset with that and it's embarrassing. I did have someone spit on the window of my car because I didn't give him a smoke. I thought that very stupid.
@LittleMel (14055)
if it's not busy then chances are his spit will just fall on the ground, not landing on someone else's car. my husband did this when the road was busy so there was every chance that it landed on someone's car and they got pissed
No, I never spit on the street but find many people doing that. It is a disgusting habit and I feel that people who do that should be fined or something!
@LittleMel (14055)
if it's pedestrian and they spit there I think you;re right they should be fined, maybe for spitting on busy road too because it may land on somebody or somebody's car which is gross
• Morocco
first i want talk about myself :me i don't want to spilt anywhere exept garbage but it's a question of habits but when a person is still teenager,it makes sense to see him spilting,and it's scientiffically proved
@LittleMel (14055)
my husband is not a teenager whoever spit on the window may have been angry at my husband spitting around previously but if this person is just plain rude (not upset on my husband personally) I will personally pull his tongue out of his throat
@suspenseful (40316)
I do spit but I am careful it is on the road and not on anyone's vehicle. I get a lot of phlegm and I find it hard to speak so I have to get rid of it, but it does not happen that often. Usually it is when I am getting bronchitis and I try to have a tissue along with me, but sometimes that is impossible. I know when I am in the house or someone else's, I can run to the washroom or get a tissue, but sometimes it is impossible. I would never spit out of a car window because the wind would blow it back to me.
@LittleMel (14055)
:) well sometimes the wind doesn't do that and the saliva may even land on the next car on the same lane, that's what I thought happened and someone was pissed
@marian_o9 (981)
thats horrible ! i rarely spit outside cos i think its a dirty habit but if i have mucus building up then its better out than in right ? so i "hock a loogie" ew i hate that expression lol.. but i make sure its out of everyones way like i do it on the grass next to the footpath rather than in the middle of the footpath. have u ever 'hocked a loogie?'
@LittleMel (14055)
you know I have a female friend who spits outside too but she spits in trash bin, toilet, river, grass etc not necessarily let it fly and land on busy pedestrian walk or busy street. sometimes she even steps on it so that it dries and nobody else has to step on it. I have no problem with that at all. Even dogs poo on the grass, what can you do?
@kingcrapper (1538)
spitting is just nasty anyway. When in his childhood did this become the 'norm'?
@LittleMel (14055)
he start smoking less now and spit less often. it's not a childhood habit, he has it since he started smoking
@shekher (272)
i usualy spit on the road . actully i m pan masala eater nd some time when i m on bike or car i dnt get the point to spit so usually i spit over road. i dnt like to spit anywhere in common place nd always try to spit in specific place bt always i m not been so lucky. sorry for tht . i m in process to quitting this habit shortly then this problem b solved
@LittleMel (14055)
hope you stop it before someone spit on you in return if it happens you can't be upset about it since you might have done it to someone else in the past
@Galena (9123)
I very rarely spit, like some do, just as a habit. I will if I have a bad chest, and cough something nasty up, rather than swallowing it. but I'll always look for a drain or a bin to spit into, rather than just on the pavement, which is inexcusable and disgusting. you see people just walking along and spitting, and I've had someone spit when they were walking past me and their face was less than a foot from my face and they just spat without even turning their head away from other people, or looking to make sure it wouldn't hit anyone.
@LittleMel (14055)
eww if it happens to me I will pull the tongue out of them I've seen this done in some mafia movies so I know how to do it!
No don't and also don't like to spit on roads or anywhere because it feel seems to dirty when someone spit on your thing or on anything related to your... So i suggest to all of you please don't spit on others thing. If you want to spit and can't live without spitting then please spit at proper place in your city...
@LittleMel (14055)
this person spitting on his window might be a bad habit too I am sure an adult can keep their bad habits at home
@MGjhaud (20861)
i rarly do that in a day hehe.. anyway if i had the habit of spitting, not on the street. sometimes i grab a tissue and spit in there. or sometimes i make sure i'd spit in the trash can. i don't like throwing my saliva anyamore, it's kind of gross.
@LittleMel (14055)
you're right. I always carry tissue or something I can pull my nose with when I go out. Maybe at home I sometimes use dirty clothes, but then they go to laundry.